Cassette change.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ethan5

Hi,
My 7 speed road bike cassette is 32 tooth to 12 tooth range. With out going over the top, is there an improvement I could make changing the cassette to something a bit higher and compact? My bike is an Orbea Larrau.
Thanks for your time.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
ethan5 said:
Hi,
My 7 speed road bike cassette is 32 tooth to 12 tooth range. With out going over the top, is there an improvement I could make changing the cassette to something a bit higher and compact? My bike is an Orbea Larrau.
Thanks for your time.

Yes. You may have to order in. I'm getting a new cassette and my LBS with it's rather limited stock even has 11-28 in 7sp. If you order in you may well be able to get something like 13-23 etc.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Depending on what sprockets you have already, assuming it is Shimano you can perhaps buy a 11-XX such as this and mix/match with either a) your existing sprockets, or ;) another new 12-XX cassette such as this which together will give you 11,12,13,14,15,16,18 or 21.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Depending on what sprockets you have already, assuming it is Shimano you can perhaps buy a 11-XX such as this and mix/match with either a) your existing sprockets, or ;) another new 12-XX cassette such as this which together will give you 11,12,13,14,15,16,18 or 21.

It crossed my mind I should have added that it is worth checking the donor cassette is not one where a number of the sprockets are permanently riveted together, otherwise some surgery will be required...

Top Bottom