Cassette damage on Carbon Chain Stay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin S

Über Member
I have just put a different rear wheel in my bike and unfortunately the 11 cog was catching the inside of the chain stay slightly. It has cut through the lacquer and marked the carbon. There is a little bit of a ridge where it has rubbed.

I assume the carbon will be fairly thick at this point so am hopeful that it will not be too compromised.

Any thoughts?

C

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I would say nothing to worry about at all.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I wouldn't worry about it, and I wouldn't bother trying to disguise it either, given how tucked away it is. It isn't exactly an eyesore!

I can't quite figure out why this particular 11-tooth sprocket should cause the problem. I would have thought that an 11 was less likely to rub then (say) a 12 or a 13?

OP
OP
Colin S

Colin S

Über Member
I wouldn't worry about it, and I wouldn't bother trying to disguise it either, given how tucked away it is. It isn't exactly an eyesore!

I can't quite figure out why this particular 11-tooth sprocket should cause the problem. I would have thought that an 11 was less likely to rub then (say) a 12 or a 13?

My Fault
It wasn't an 11 it was in fact a 12 and I hadn't got the cassette on properly and couldn't tell what the noise was. Thankfully I found it before it did more damage.

Top Bottom