Cassette query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu9

I got one put on yesterday at a local shop in a kinda hurry but he put on something called Monsoon (who the hell are they!) and 7sp. It's a freewheel hub but needs a spacer/s but was £20 to much for it, it didn't catch the name on the box i got it off the cassette after getting home and didn't take it (box) as I was going straight out on it with some others but I feel it was to much for a name I've never heard of plus it's silver/ chrome, wheels (Mavic) are black... just wondered.

If that price included fitting, then a good price, whatever the make.

OP
OP
S

Stu9

No was the price on the box, i noticed that and only took him 5 mins if that to put on on a loose wheel. And I guess he didn't have spacers or would have put one on.

But as I say who the hell are they never heard of it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stu9

That's a different box to what I saw it come out of yesterday but as you say it seems ok. It's not that I need fancy stuff or makes ect I just don't know who they are as I'm used to hearing Shimano ect ect but I guess there's allsorts out there now.

I checked the lock ring and it wasn't tight now there's only about 1mm of space... should I still get a spacer?

midlife

Guru
Cassette? Freewheel ? I'm confused, which isn't difficult I know.

OP
OP
S

Stu9

Can somebody say if the above play ie "a smidge" is ok or should it have none.

Last edited:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
No was the price on the box, i noticed that and only took him 5 mins if that to put on on a loose wheel. And I guess he didn't have spacers or would have put one on.

But as I say who the hell are they never heard of it.
Take it back and get them to do the job properly. But I'm confused too - Cassette or Freewheel? Spacer? Loose wheel?

Top Bottom