Cassette query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

Stu9

Take it back and get them to do the job properly. But I'm confused too - Cassette or Freewheel? Spacer? Loose wheel?

He did say I'd need a spacer or he'd have fitted one. It's a 7sp cassette and Mavic freewheel, a I said above the lock ring was loose I've tightened it and now only have a smidge of play ie about 1/2 mm at the back.

Need a chain too but I'll get Shimano ect as Halfords have then at 6.50

Ajax Bay

Guru
He did say I'd need a spacer or he'd have fitted one. It's a 7sp cassette and Mavic freewheel, a I said above the lock ring was loose I've tightened it and now only have a smidge of play ie about 1/2 mm at the back.
1) Did he say you need a spacer or didn't he? Whatever, sounds like you need a 1mm spacer.
2) At the back of what? Do you mean the cassette is free to move even with the lockring tight (40Nm)? Can you shift it so the 1/2mm space is at the 'front' (wherever that is)? If so - spacer needed.

OP
OP
S

Stu9

He said I'd probably need one but not what size and didn't have one or he'd have put it on....I also said that above somewhere.

I guess it'd go between 1st and the hub which I also said before. If somebody said to me the back logic says it's the back of the cassette/ gears ie next to the hub.

Top Bottom