Cassette spacer etc help pls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sjw

Elite suito coming soon. Bike is a 2/7 gear so 7 speed cassette. Carrera zelos 14 gear
Elite is an 11 speed cassette so won't fit bike
What do I need to get a fit? 7 speed cassette and 4.5 spacer?
I've been looking and think I can put it on the hub as its compatible to 9 10 and 11 speed.

I think!

Please, I just need to know what to get to fit.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
You should be able to fit it with a big enough spacer on. Why a Suito? I've a Zumo and the main difference is the lack of cassette and, given we had to fit a Junior cassette on for a younger rider, that wasn't too important.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you have a 7 speed cassette, you can fit it with 2 x 3.1mm 7 speed spacers on first. I have this on my 7 speed MTB running Mavic Wheels. Use the spacers from an old cassette.

OP
OP
Sjw

Sjw

It was personal preference when I was looking. The suito comes with an 11 speed cassette which I think may be obsolete

OP
OP
Sjw

Sjw

I'm not getting the idea.
The bike I want to attach is the zelos which is 14 gears total. The elite comes with an 11 speed cassette.
So I know I need a 7 speed cassette plus spacer (4.5?)
But where to get these, preferably from the same place

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Get an 8 speed cassette, ditch a sprocket, job jobbed. The top set of sprockets usually come screwed together on 8 speed, so undo them - usually a small allen key to remove the 3 bolts. You'll have 1 x 3mm spacer left over (and a sprocket), then take one spacer from the 11 speed cassette that will be spare, or I'm sure someone can send you a spacer (I have a drawer full). You put the spacers on first (nearest spokes), then the cassette.

7 speed sprocket spacing is 3.1mm but works fine with 3.0mm 8 speed spacers (i.e. 8 speed cassette).

Top Bottom