Castelli Gabba are they worth it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cm2mackem

Über Member
My wife has given the go ahead to buy one for autumn, but not sure if they are worth it , if they are is the convertible worth the extra.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Castelli is quality gear...The bib shorts I have are some of the most comfortable.

Thing is... everyone and their brother, sister, mother, father, uncle, aunts, nieces and newphew's, their pet dogs and cats are all wearing Castelli these days.

OP
OP
cm2mackem

cm2mackem

Über Member
Castelli is quality gear...The bib shorts I have are some of the most comfortable.

Thing is... everyone and their brother, sister, mother, father, uncle, aunts, nieces and newphew's, their pet dogs and cats are all wearing Castelli these days.
Yeah agree about the shorts, I was given a new replica pair they looked the same but the pads were worlds apart, my dog has them now, maybe its him you saw

shnjmsn

Über Member
I have to say...... a resounding yes !! I bought the long sleeve flouro yellow Gabba in October and have worn it on almost every ride since. Cracking quality, great fit, breathes well, windproof, kept me dry on a lot of rides....... without doubt the best jacket i've ever bought, and easily justifiable. Have now bought the short sleeved version.........Money spending stops here, else i'll be getting the new Perfetto next, and i really can't justify that one ! :-)

Hip Priest

Veteran
Every Gabba owner I know speaks very highly of them. They look great too. Someone will be on here in a minute telling you how the jacket they got from LIDL is just as good, but that's nonsense. If you can afford it, go for it.

Having said all that, I don't quite understand the short-sleeve version.

Tin Pot

Guru

I don't know about the Gabba but I have a Castelli Storica and I would not recommend it. Rough against the skin and on first wash has developed an almost hairy surface.

Mike!

Guru
I got one a couple of months ago after hesitating for ages!

Brilliant piece of kit, only wish i'd have brought it when I first started looking.

Hyslop

Veteran
Superb,bought one some months ago and I have to say,Im very pleased.In the time Ive had it,Ive had cause to be grateful for its performance given some of the weather in this part of the world.I was very fortunate and bought mine for half the RRP,even so ,I would say,should you want one,pop your pennies in the jar and,when,later in the year,the weather turns,get out and enjoy it! Worth it?Oh Yes,

jnrmczip

If you can stretch to the convertable go for it means you always have the option of taking sleeves of and on if weather is constantly changing I'm going for one myself

OP
OP
cm2mackem

cm2mackem

Über Member
If you can stretch to the convertable go for it means you always have the option of taking sleeves of and on if weather is constantly changing I'm going for one myself
That's what im going to do, there's an american firm who often have the convertible on sale for £150 delivered, just need to keep checking the site, last sale was last week

jnrmczip

That's what im going to do, there's an american firm who often have the convertible on sale for £150 delivered, just need to keep checking the site, last sale was last week
And what would this American company be ??? If you don't mind me asking

vickster

Legendary Member
Be aware you might get stung for import taxes and VAT if buying from the US, up to 40% I think which may well negate any savings...£50 for delivery :ohmy:

Top Bottom