England : Staffordshire Cat & Fiddle Challenge - 07/10/2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tigger

Über Member
Fantastic day today. I didn't actually do the Sportive as I didn't think there was much point paying with all the best bits on my doorstep. I did a 70 mile ride with my mate instead which took us out to Monsal Head to watch the hill climb. But we took in the Cat and Fiddle as part of our route and there were loads of people out! Great to see this so well attended. I passed Brian and his grand daughter too but they were on one of his tandems then. Were they changing bikes?

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
They were on the tandem for most of the ride as far as I saw!

tigger

Über Member
What's the beef with Axe Edge? I suppose I always do it the the beginning of a ride but its a nice steady climb compared to lots of other climbs in the area?

Here's the loop we did today before going on to Bakewell and Monsal. I think it's a cracker and keeps you on mainly quiet road. Definitely recommend it if you enjoyed today!

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/143151925

tigger

Über Member
Next time hit it after 30 miles and with Buxton Road in your legs too ^_^

Lol. Next time, climb up to Pyms Chair (from either Goyts valley or worse still, Saltersford), try Lamaload and Macc Forest, and even Gunn Hill and Barlow hill. Then you'll grow to love Axe Edge!

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC

Globalti

Legendary Member
Brian Rourke was shuttling along with his daughter and at the stops they were picking up various grandchildren who were riding sections of the route on the tandem. They looked to be having a lot of fun.

Top Bottom