Cat poo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Is it on your lawn or buried?
My lawn gets quite mossy and lately with it being dry, they're covering the poop with scratched up moss. Most other times they're just pooping and walking off .
Supersoaker would be great...but they're doing it at night when we're asleep.

PK99

Legendary Member
In my garden...:angry: and I don't keep cats :angry::angry:
They're turning my garden into a toilet, I don't even let my dog on the grass, the grandkids play in there and I'm sick of clearing the stinking mess up.
Any deterrents ?

chase them aggressively every time you see them.

But are you sure its cats? Maybe foxes?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

Making barking sounds as well, perhaps.

Reactions: gbb
OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member

But are you sure its cats? Maybe foxes?
There are foxes around the estate but there are so many (expletive deleted) cats everywhere.

I occasionally see them coming over the shed roof or under the gate. A jug full of water will almost always be chucked at them along with some oaths, I usually miss but it's only a fraction of the times they come in I suspect so has little long term effect.

In my allotment I found cut bramble branches laid haphazardly across the area they used as a toilet worked very well: they were so busy avoiding them they didn't have the time to poo anywhere, and eventually they went to other allotments.

My parents swear by a handy watering can, same principle as the super soaker, or wet sponges in a bucket. After a while they get the message and avoid the garden.

At the city farm I worked at, geese would see cats off, and foxes, badgers and occasionally horses...

Top Bottom