Cat poo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
My own cats (or one of them) took to crapping on the lawn when moved house. I figured out there was no easy digging in the garden as the previous occupants had all their plants in pots, no flower beds. I've now made some flower beds and have a small unplanted patch in a corner (behind some lavender) that is virtually 100% compost so very easy digging. The cat now craps there.

If you give them a choice they normally head for some easy digging as do prefer to bury it. I know its slightly different when its your own cats vs a neighbours. Maybe find out whose cat it is and leave pile of compost on their doorstep / front garden so the cat craps at home :smile:

si_c

Guru
I'd heard of..and tried orange peel in the past to keep them off the garden sofa...might try that again in the grass.

I was going to suggest orange peel - although it seems to be cat dependent. Used wet coffee grounds can work as well and has the bonus that it's less visible on the grass/borders than orange peel.

Reactions: gbb

Levo-Lon

Guru

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
One of our's is an indoor cat (by fact he has cat flu - was a rescue). The other goes out, but usually craps in our raised planter as it has fine soil (as do the other cats). It's rare a cat will crap on a lawn or open space as they prefer to cover it.

keithmac

Guru
We used to regularly have cat poo on the grass years ago, not good when you have small children about...

I just chased them out of the garden clapping my hands, took a while but eventually the sight of a bald lunatic running around made my garden less appealing.

You have to keep it up though..

Gary E

Veteran
We used to regularly have cat poo on the grass years ago, not good when you have small children about...

I just chased them out of the garden clapping my hands, took a while but eventually the sight of a bald lunatic running around made my garden less appealing.

You have to keep it up though..

You chased small children out of your garden clapping your hands???

Gary E

Veteran
Do these actually work?

The one I bought did nothing to discourage the cats but is was bloody awesome fun for surprising the missus :smile:

The trick is to have it connected to a long enough hose so that you can move it about into new and unexpected areas. The hose going into the shed through the window and set up pointing towards the door was my best effort :evil:

Top Bottom