Catchphrases that stick with you...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

Another I use a fair bit is, I think, Riggs from Lethal Weapon:
"Let's make like the shepherds and get the flock out of here..."

montage

God Almighty
"that'll do donkey....that'll do"

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
"I fart in your general direction, you silly English Knigerts!" (Monty Python and the Holy Grail).

"Blast and buggery, burn fires of hell!" (Niel Kinnock on an interview out-take when he fell down a hole).

"Dude! We gotta go! I just sharted!" (Said by Phillip Hoffman's character in Along Came Polly).

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Gerald the Gorilla... genius...

Norm said:
One Foot In The Grave.

Although your post reminds me of "Is it as cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University..."

Mine are mostly from the likes of Python (Yes, we are all individuals), Not The Nine O'Clock News (Wild? I was absolutely furious!) and similar (Cheers: "I just look at Vera, Coach, and I can't").

Debian

Youth is wasted on the young!

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Danny Baker's 'Nothing can possibly go wrong now' (normally said when your team are 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go and end up going down 3-2).

Not so much a catch phrase but I liked the old song with the line 'I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy' - makes little sense has a nice ring to it.

Roger Mellie's variation on Sir David Frost with 'Hello, good evening and b*ll*cks'!

Years ago, there was a very short lived Viz character called Hugh Phamism who I bet no one else in the country remembers. Anyway- he had loads of euphamisms some of which live on in this house to this day such as 'I'm just off to strain me greens' (going for a piss) 'I'm just off to oil me chain' (going for a piss) and 'I'm just turning the bike around' (going for a piss). He was clearly a keen cyclist (with a small bladder).

ChrisKH

Guru
" .....your father was a hamster and your mother smelt of Elderberries. I blow my nose at yew, yew English Pig Dog.............."

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
You can't beat 'Withnail and I' for great quotes:

Don't threaten me with a dead fish

I feel like a pig shat in my head

We've gone on holiday by mistake

Throw yourself into the road, darling - you haven't got a chance

I fail to see my family's of any interest to you. I've absolutely no interest in yours. I dislike relatives in general and in particular mine

We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now

Top Bottom