Catchphrases that stick with you...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zacklaws

Guru
Apocalypse Now:-

"Never get out of the boat." Absolutely goddamn right! Unless you were goin' all the way..Kurtz got off the boat. He split from the whole ****in' program."

Too many times in my life I've got out of the boat, now I tread wearily.

Frank Bruno:

"Do you understand what I'm getting at Mr Carpenter"

Not really a catch phrase but a line from a M&W sketch.

To the sound of a speeding fire engine Eric says "He'll not sell many ice creams travelling at that speed"

Can't see an emergency vehicle with its sirens/lights going without repeating it - even if I'm on my own:blush:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Hilldodger said:
Not really a catch phrase but a line from a M&W sketch.

To the sound of a speeding fire engine Eric says "He'll not sell many ice creams travelling at that speed"

Can't see an emergency vehicle with its sirens/lights going without repeating it - even if I'm on my own:blush:

In Leicester I saw a chap on a penny chasing after one of those screaming for his ice cream . Would that have been you Hilldodge? :ohmy: :sad:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
twentysix by twentyfive said:
"I'm Free" - from that ancient sit com ------ ???? Oh lordy my memory is going. The one where Molly Sugden's character had a "Pussy".

Are You Being Served?

(the ? is in the title I think, it's not me being unsure)

And I'm fairly sure, it's "Wild? I was livid!", not furious...

another classic from M and W - "I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!" The sideline to the joke being that actually, I think he is playing them in the right order, but syncopated and in a different key.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Hilldodger said:
Yup. Caught him, too:thumbsup:

Yup - thought so. :sad:

Norm

Norm said:
...Not The Nine O'Clock News (Wild? I was absolutely furious!)

Arch said:
And I'm fairly sure, it's "Wild? I was livid!", not furious...

I'll split the difference with you.

It's "Wild? I was absolutely livid!" (1'10" into this). You got the livid but missed the absolutely. :smile: God Bless the Internerd. :biggrin:

Top Bottom