Cateye HL-EL320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
Tried that, the top half moves about 3mm and then stops

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Something not quite right there- the cover is stiff but shouldn't be that stiff. There is a knack to opening the cover, but it is a one-hand job, there's no way you should need a screwdriver (apart from the risk of damage to yourself and the light).

foocycl

How do you get the damn thing open to change the batteries!
I joined cyclechat just to reply because I was so frustrated with a similar issue. I don't know what model # I have, but the cateye opticube I had was unopenable/stuck. Turns out the AA batteries leaked, dried, and make it nearly impossible to open. The light was not working. I eventually was able to open it by slowly prying it open with an object similar to a very thin flathead screwdriver.

Dick l

I joined cyclechat just to reply because I was so frustrated with a similar issue. I don't know what model # I have, but the cateye opticube I had was unopenable/stuck. Turns out the AA batteries leaked, dried, and make it nearly impossible to open. The light was not working. I eventually was able to open it by slowly prying it open with an object similar to a very thin flathead screwdriver.

Dick l

Just had same problem. Fix was wd 40 and hair dryer heat. Came off like butter. Wd40 made it slippery so go for hair dryer forst

Skeptic

Thanks for the suggestion of WD40 and a hair dryer. I've had the light for about ten years and used it so infrequently, that the batteries never failed. So I didn't remember how to open it. Anyway, using the oil and hair dryer, I got it open, but the batteries had NOT leaked! In fact, they were the batteries supplied by Cateye! Anyway, I tried using a butter knife to pry it open and finally learned (or remembered) that you push the top toward the back of the light to remove it.

Top Bottom