Cateye Instruction Manual is so confusing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

novetan

Über Member
I just bought a Cateye CC-MC 100W. I had never been so confused with any operation manual no matter how sophiticated the gagdet is. But this Cateye manual had my head spinning. Just a couple of questions:

1) It says it can operate either in AT (Auto mode) or manual mode. What is the difference, particularly in terms of accuracies? What mode do you guys use?

2) It appears I don't need to calibrate anything if on AT mode. How then the computer or sensor knows the circumference of the wheel.

3) It doesn't switch off in AT mode. Is that correct? How to make it switch off.

snorri

Legendary Member
Some people may want to switch off their computers when they stop for a break, otherwise the clock will continue to run during the break. I'm not interested in my average speed for the day so just leave the comp. on auto. so that the reading displayed at the end of my day is the average speed inclusive of rest breaks. I don't believe there is any difference in accuracy between Auto and Manual.
Your comp is a later model than mine so I can't comment on your other points.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
1) It says it can operate either in AT (Auto mode) or manual mode. What is the difference, particularly in terms of accuracies? What mode do you guys use?

Auto mode stops the clock when you stop and starts again when you set off manual just keeps it running.

2) It appears I don't need to calibrate anything if on AT mode. How then the computer or sensor knows the circumference of the wheel.

If you look at the manual it tells you how to set up the Tyre Circumference in step 3 of the setup, look up the size of your tyre on the chart and set the computer to the corresponding number.

3) It doesn't switch off in AT mode. Is that correct? How to make it switch off.

It goes into power saving mode after 10 mins of inactivity then restarts again when it detects a signal i.e. you are moving.

Top Bottom