Catrike two wheeler?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can see a flaw in where you are offering your advice.

I did say not to tell you!

Fastest ride yet today, did a five mile loop into work which took a whole ten minutes, so averaged 30mph, I think I will switch to trigger shifters though as I am not totally getting on with the bar ends with this configuration, I am beginning to wonder where the cornering limit is as well as I am getting faster so leaning more, one hand on the bars and the other hand skimming the road looks impressive I imagine but may not be the best thing to do.

Fastest ride yet today, did a five mile loop into work which took a whole ten minutes, so averaged 30mph, I think I will switch to trigger shifters though as I am not totally getting on with the bar ends with this configuration, I am beginning to wonder where the cornering limit is as well as I am getting faster so leaning more, one hand on the bars and the other hand skimming the road looks impressive I imagine but may not be the best thing to do.

This is one of the advantages of my Hurricane, you can stop at lights and just put a hand down.

I mixed it with the traffic this morning for the first time including flying through a couple of gaps that would have been a no no on the trike, the medium wheel base means it is very stable at any speed, I also took in some rough old roads and everything remained composed, it is however very evident that it is a machine built for speed, it makes you want to go fast all the time, it also climbs supremely well, I suspect it will be a good machine for audax rides when suitably equipped. It is amazing how much you can squeeze into the seat pockets as well.

In a fit of madness the other day I decided to lock up the front wheel on a loose surface just to see what happened, on my old Street Machine it would have led to binning it which is perfectly reasonable with a SWB, I thought the MWB may react differently and although I almost soiled myself it did straighten back up when I released the brakes, I'm sure a better rider than me could show off with that but I am going to give it a miss, it is odd how when you are kid something like that makes you laugh but as an adult it scares the life out of you. I also found myself in an odd position the other day of finding myself going very slowly and needing to make a tight turn, being more accustomed to trikes I stupidly tried to pedal through it rather than put a foot down, the combination of pedaling while turning the bars a lot got me into the knee handlebar interface world, I got away with it but won't do it again. High speed handling however? I took a roundabout at 50mph, wow, scary but a whole lot of fun and rock solid, on a particular roundabout that I can see all exits/slips well in advance as I approach down hill, I find it a bit less confidence inspiring on the trike as the view is not as good lower down but on two wheels and a little higher I could see plenty to go for it, I also scalped a motor scooter on the same run which was a lot of fun for me but must have been demoralising for the young lad riding it.

[QUOTE 936093"]
Catrike are you about at all next weekend 21/22? Wouldn't mind going for a test ride. Did try to PM you but it wouldn't let me.
[/quote]

Inbox was full, sorted now, will be around next weekend sure.

I rode in the wet today as the weather caught me out, I should have taken the trike home last night but jumped on the Musashi without thinking, coming down to a junction a kamikazi chav decided to pull out and I hit the brakes managing to lock the back wheel for a 20 yard skid, the back wheel stepped out maybe a foot and had straightened back up again before I released the brake fully, car driver behind pulled up next to me at the next lights and commented on how graceful the slide looked, the Duranos seem to handle wet road cornering very well but I still prefer the trike for the wet, it was good to ride in the rain just because it gets rid of the worry about being on two wheels again and lets me know how it handles, also I don't get wet elbows like on the trike but the frame was pretty well caked behind the front wheel when I got in.

Top Bottom