Cat's water consumption

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
indeed, mine will also jump in the bath and drink from the running bath tap, obviously turned on to only a slow trickle, otherwise their feet get wet and they leg it!

My previous cat would never drink from anything except a dripping tap. Some mornings I'd be just about ready to leave for work and I'd find him sitting in the bath waiting for me to turn the tap on. Used to leave the outside tap dripping if I was away for a while.

My current cat prefers to drink from the top of the full watering can I keep outside (she is 17 and has some kidney problems and drinks a lot).

A toilet drinker. Ah, yes, I once had one of those... :laugh: (the much missed Madam Pearl)

IMG_0051_small.jpg

My current two prefer their Torus water bowl - bought after me getting fed up of clearing up Poppy's messes. She's a serial water bowl paddler, and tended to tip over the smaller bowls.

Cats typically get their liquid intake from their food, so the bigger the proportion of dry in their diet, the more water they drink.

My one cat went at 11 with cancer, but she was a pure white ragdoll and deaf……

Ragdolls are not pure white. They are a pointed semi-longhaired cat. The three permitted patterns are pointed (no white), mitted (white feet only) and bi-colour (pointed with white feet and face).

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Ragdolls are not pure white. They are a pointed semi-longhaired cat. The three permitted patterns are pointed (no white), mitted (white feet only) and bi-colour (pointed with white feet and face).
It was a pure white…..trust me, it was my cat

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I dont think i have ever seen our cat drink from her bowl ever , much prefers a muddy puddle if she can fine one although last week we went to the park and she did squat over a drain do do her number one or twos !

jowwy

Ragdolls are not pure white. Trust me, I am a cat show judge and I have friends who breed ragdolls.
Well my vet must be wrong then……..but there you go. Any animal can be born pure white……but thanks for pissing on my memories of my cat.

Last edited:
I can only state the pertinent facts from the breed standard.

*shrug*

jowwy

I can only state the pertinent facts from the breed standard.

*shrug*
Soa ragdoll cant be cross bread with another cat that and become pure white………..yes that wouldnt make it a pure breed ragdoll, but i never said it was in the first place.

but my vet said it was ragdoll and the owner i bought it from says it was ragdoll, so as far as im concerned its a ragdoll…..but as she’s been dead now nearly 4yrs, all i have is the memories that me and my mrs share of her…….

if you dont think its a ragdoll fine, but truelly i dont really care what you think and desecrating on my memories is poor form, as far as im concerened…..whether others like it or not

lazybloke

Considering a new username
If they are on wet food they won't drink much. One of ours prefers dried, so does drink more - loves her fountain.
Ours will drink from a toilet and then from my glass. in that order.

Glasses at the bedside have to be covered overnight. That's a fun game for them at 3am.

No interest whatsoever in their own fresh bowls of water.

Soa ragdoll cant be cross bread with another cat that and become pure white………..yes that wouldnt make it a pure breed ragdoll, but i never said it was in the first place.

but my vet said it was ragdoll and the owner i bought it from says it was ragdoll, so as far as im concerned its a ragdoll…..but as she’s been dead now nearly 4yrs, all i have is the memories that me and my mrs share of her…….

if you dont think its a ragdoll fine, but truelly i dont really care what you think and desecrating on my memories is poor form, as far as im concerened…..whether others like it or not

I'm merely trying to educate.

If you'd have said ragdoll cross right away, then that coat colour is entirely plausible. The gene (W) for all-white is a masking gene, and it is different from the spotting gene (S) present in the ragdoll breed.

Ours will drink from a toilet and then from my glass. in that order.

Glasses at the bedside have to be covered overnight. That's a fun game for them at 3am.

No interest whatsoever in their own fresh bowls of water.

Sometimes they just don't like fresh tap water. Been there, have a whole wardrobe of t-shirts. :laugh:

Another thing is location of the water bowl. Cats don't tend to like their source of water to be near their food bowls - it's one of their "wild" traits i.e. they're hardwired to think that water next to food can become contaminated.

jowwy

I'm merely trying to educate.

If you'd have said ragdoll cross right away, then that coat colour is entirely plausible. The gene (W) for all-white is a masking gene, and it is different from the spotting gene (S) present in the ragdoll breed.
Like i said im not sure whether its a cross or not….and to be honest it doesnt really matter. Go educate some one else, whos cat may still be alive.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
bit of a school boy error pointed out earlier today by the cattery we use , we shouldn't have been giving our old fella tune in brine due to the high level of salt , so from now onwards it will be in spring water

Top Bottom