Cats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

Arch said:
Yeah, you know, some people like to, you know, joke, it's like, funny?

Clever, nice 'and' funny? I want to have this man's children! ;0)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch:

Cats, and how crap are they?

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
Who says cats aren't intelligent?

I loaded up my son's old super soaker and waited all day for a cat to dare to venture into our garden, but for once not a single cat appeared.

I looks like were into for long tactical battle - but the super soaker is still armed and ready :becool:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
As I got the meat out for the BBQ, our cat's arrived - a quick - oi get off was all that was needed - we just have to watch out for the young one as she hasn't seen too many BBQ's yet - just 1 year old !

Anyway, one hung about until the food was cooked and the kids were giving her scrap bits !

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Mr Pig said:
And they don't hunt. They just kill stuff for the fun of it.
Not mine: he eats what he catches. Mice, birds, worms ...

His brother was entirely self-feeding: refused to touch cat-food at all, just fed himself by hunting.

Ben

Ben Lovejoy said:
Not mine: he eats what he catches. Mice, birds, worms ...

His brother was entirely self-feeding: refused to touch cat-food at all, just fed himself by hunting.

Ben

Most cats do, in my experience. I think they're great.
Incidentally, non cat people always come out with the "how can you like cats? they're soooo selfish" thing. Well, actually that's exactly what I like about them.

Mr Pig

Ben Lovejoy said:
His brother was entirely self-feeding: refused to touch cat-food, just fed himself by hunting

He was probably being fed at every other house in the street! Better quality cat food by the sounds of it ;0)

There are two sets of people in the world. Those who like cats and those who don't, and neither group will ever understand the other.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Mr Pig said:
There are two sets of people in the world. Those who like cats and those who don't, and neither group will ever understand the other.
I can understand why people wouldn't like cats. What I don't understand is why people feel the need to suggest that they should all be killed or shot.

If the Egyptians were right and God is actually a cat, you're so screwed :biggrin:;)

wafflycat

Rhythm Thief said:
Most cats do, in my experience. I think they're great.
Incidentally, non cat people always come out with the "how can you like cats? they're soooo selfish" thing. Well, actually that's exactly what I like about them.

One of my cats, Waffles, the one in my avatar is very definitely *my* cat. Several years ago, I had a chronic illness which kept me virtually bedridden for about a year. During that time, when I was in a bad way, Waffles left my side only to use her litter-tray or to get food/drink. The rest of the time she stayed with me - at my side. If on one her short forays out of the room the bedroom door closed, on her return she would sit and patiently wait until someone came along to let her back in. She never made a fuss, just patiently waited. MrW used to refer to it as Waffles 'holding vigil' for me. Once the door was opened, she'd queitly come back in and resume her place at my side. The illness I had gave me chronic pain and I could not bear any noise. Apart from one noise - Waffles doing some gentle and quiet purrs - her 'noise' was wonderfully soothing and calming and helped reduce my stress at being in chronic pain. There's been, since then, the odd time I've been in tears. Cue Waffles running right up to me and put her nose right next to mine and she starts her gentle purrs. As I type this, it's one-handed, as Waffles is attached to my left bosum and shoulder, with her head tucked in by my ear and she's purring. :biggrin:

surfgurl

We're waiting to be adopted by a cat at the moment. Hubby is firmly of the belief that a cat will arrive and decide he wants to move into our house. Sometimes we come home from work and there will be a cat wandering the street. Hubby will talk to it and ask it to tell all its feline friends that we have an opening for a cat.
So if anyone in the Somerset area knows of a cat that needs a loving home, it'll need to be a house cat on account of the main road and will also need to be happy with loud noises, (teenagers) let me know.

wafflycat

Have a word with you local Cats' Protection group to see if they have an adult cat whos is happy being an only cat and an indoors only one. I'll bet they have *just the cat* for you.

Top Bottom