Cav and 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doc333

Knight Of The Realm & All Around Good Guy
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/25405240

Nice piece from the BBC interview with Cav where he spoke about 2013 and how he saw things develop and not go to plan etc. Must be Xmas if he's marketing his new book, but all the same some good insight into OPQ plans for the coming year.

I have to say I have loved watching Mark over the last few years and was sorry that Team Sky were not bothered about the green jersey/sprints points. But will never forget Wiggo leading Cav out on the Champs Eysee the year before last. Brought a tear to my eye. I watched his new team take shape this year, but in my view the team wasn't right and by the end of the season it looked more like Cav was 2nd best to Kittel and Sagen. I now get the feeling that Cav wants to put the record straight this coming year and now he's got Renshaw leading him out as well as Meersman et al, you would think that there's no excuse.

Will Mark be able to prove a point or do you think his best days are behind him and he will only manage a handful of stage wins on the major tours next year. Is he still capable of ripping it up again?

thom

____
do you think his best days are behind him and he will only manage a handful of stage wins on the major tours next year
Just the one handful…

There's only one British cyclist to have won more pro-races than Cav did last season… and he's called Mark Cavendish too.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Im really excited about OPQS this year, its starting to look a really interesting team
The HTC trains of old with Renshaw and Cav at the head of it were something of beauty imho, The guys rode with big hearts.... I'm happy to see Renshaw back with Cav and hope the relationship works really well once more.

Kittel is a great sprinter and I believe will continue to improve this year, but Saggy is not an out and out sprinter imho I don't think he has Cav's pace on a flat sprint.
This year I think Cav will do really well.

raindog

er.....
I reckon I wouldn't mind if he never won another race after seeing him take the red jersey in the last Giro after coming to within one point the year before, and in particularly horrible conditions too, plus the Giro really doesn't favour sprinters. Absolutely massive achievement imo.

Last edited:

Hont

Guru
I think the days of being capable of winning every bunch sprint in the Tour are probably over but that's no bad thing IMO. I would not want to see Merckx toppled from the top of all-time stage winners by a sprinter - even if he is British.

I still think he will win multiple stages, he is too driven, too smart and too fast not to (barring injuries). Having Renshaw and Petacchi in the leadout can only be an improvement on 2013.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Im really excited about OPQS this year, its starting to look a really interesting team
The HTC trains of old with Renshaw and Cav at the head of it were something of beauty imho, The guys rode with big hearts.... I'm happy to see Renshaw back with Cav and hope the relationship works really well once more.

Kittel is a great sprinter and I believe will continue to improve this year, but Saggy is not an out and out sprinter imho I don't think he has Cav's pace on a flat sprint.
This year I think Cav will do really well.
What did you think about Gos leading out Cav, given that Gos is himself a sprinter?

Mr Haematocrit

What did you think about Gos leading out Cav, given that Gos is himself a sprinter?

Gossy is still with Orica Green Edge for 2014..... Perhaps your thinking of Mark Renshaw who has joined OPQ

If that's the case, Renshaw is a better lead out man than sprinter IMHO, its a really good pairing, they used to work well at Highroad.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Gossy is still with Orica Green Edge for 2014..... Perhaps your thinking of Mark Renshaw who has joined OPQ

If that's the case, Renshaw is a better lead out man than sprinter IMHO, its a really good pairing, they used to work well at Highroad.
Sorry, I thought Gos played lead out for Cav when Renshaw was banned for a while. But I stand corrected I'm sure.

Mr Haematocrit

Wind tunnel testing

1403159_10151905497539492_1134840572_o.jpg

rps20131221_220250.jpg

20131117_smarkcavendish_0372_670.jpg

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Looks like a useless test tbh, working on your sprint position in a wind tunnel on a static bike when in reality you will be throwing the bike all over and the position being very dynamic. Probably just marketing!

tigger

Über Member
Looks like a useless test tbh, working on your sprint position in a wind tunnel on a static bike when in reality you will be throwing the bike all over and the position being very dynamic. Probably just marketing!

And he's at least 5kg over his race weight by the looks of things

Top Bottom