Cavendish fed up with HTC-Columbia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If, and a big if, he were to move, he'd have to get a team with a good ride out and I don't really see that elsewhere. I think today (Delhi) proved yet again he needs a good team round him.

The cynic in mean thinks its like all sport stars (or more particulary their agents) its a ploy for more money.

yello

The cynic in mean thinks its like all sport stars (or more particulary their agents) its a ploy for more money.

I'm not so sure. Not in Cavendish's case anyway. I'm not quite sure he's that bright/savvy/manipulative.... call it what you will.

Steve H

Large Member
If, and a big if, he were to move, he'd have to get a team with a good ride out and I don't really see that elsewhere. I think today (Delhi) proved yet again he needs a good team round him.

Agreed. Tony Martin and Mark Renshaw are pretty awsome guys to have out front for you. Cav couldn't be as strong at the World Championships or in Delhi as he simply didn't have the support to take him to the last 400 metres.

Mac66

Sorry I am completely ignorant of the details of how rider contracts work.

Surely Cav has signed a contract for x years for £x. Regardless of his performance in those x years, his pay will be £x?

From what I know of his comments ,they were based around the fact that he is not getting additional £ for his stellar performances and as yet no contract extension with HTC. Well he's got a year to go on his contract so why would there be any negotiations now? If he is not getting additional financial reward for his wins, from HTC, then he only has himself/his agent to blame for signing the contract.

I think Cav is an amazing bike rider, but he really needs to stop the constant whinging about every perceived slight and/or injustice. Very immature and unprofessional. I don't think a big heart excuses a big mouth either.

No question he deserves the rewards but he will just have to wait another year.

claver58

Über Member
"Don't think HTC could afford to lose Cav and Greipel!"

Greipel IS leaving HTC next year - can't remember who he's going to - but he couldn't carry on for another year and be over-shadowed by Cav.

GGB_Andrew

Don't reckon Cav will be off to SKY. They seem to be keeping the faith with Brad and building a team with greater climbing prowess for him.

Reckon Cav will stay at HTC but with a bit of money flying around he might look elsewhere...

Top Bottom