Cavendish to Quick Step?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

So you think Cav can win a spring classic ? Dream on !

lukesdad

Oh the past ? Sorry I thought we were talking about the future ^_^

I can t see the peloton making the same mistake twice.

thom

____
Here's some more speculation :
Cav to get free release from his Sky contract.
Eisel currently negotiating a contract extension with Sky, to function as a Classics rider and Grand Tour road captain.
I quite like that Bernie thinks Sky can give him a good medium term career and an environment to evolve as a rider beyond being the right hand man of one of the finest sprinters ever.

raindog

er.....
I quite like that Bernie thinks Sky can give him a good medium term career and an environment to evolve as a rider beyond being the right hand man of one of the finest sprinters ever.
Me too, yet at the same time I can't believe they'll be separated.

tigger

Über Member
No Internet source to quote but my connections suggest there will be some form of release fee, it's just a little more realistic than the figures being banded around.

tigger

Über Member
And yet the latest reports are saying that the release fee has been avoided
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/534997/sky-to-release-cavendish-for-free.html

I know Raindog, Thom quoted that earlier too. I have a colleague who is well connected to the QS people and the inside story was that there would be some form of fee required, but the figure was a lot more realistic than the figures quoted in the press and perhaps even results linked. At least that was the negotiation a couple of weeks ago!

There doesn't seem much point in Sky demanding a fee no one will pay, especially if the rider doesn't want to be there. Equally I think they appreciate there is a big salary to make savings on and they want to keep things amicable with Cav. But if there's some value to the commodity to be had then you can bet a News Corp owned team will try and get something!

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
But if there's some value to the commodity to be had then you can bet a News Corp owned team will try and get something!

Or perhaps they figured screwing the career and future achievement of the best sprinter the world has ever seen is not exactly the best way for Sky's marketing department to endear Sky to the public?

dragon72

Guru
Or perhaps they figured screwing the career and future achievement of the best sprinter the world has ever seen is not exactly the best way for Sky's marketing department to endear Sky to the public?
I doubt that would be a fear at all for the Sky management. It's simply that it makes financial sense for them to get Cav off the payroll a.s.a.p. He's simply too pricey to be a domestique. Nada más.

Top Bottom