Cav's Sky top with World bands?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bennydorano

Veteran
Any sign of a new Sky top with the World bands? Something I could direct the missus towards for a Crimbo present?

He'll hardly bother with the Tour down Under in January will he - I assume that will be the first chance to wear them? I think he began last season at one of the Middle East Tours?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
he was still in htc kit with the rainbow stripes in a photo shoot for the bbc today.

btw, it's considered a huge faux pas to wear rainbow stripes that haven't been earned…

OP
OP
bennydorano

bennydorano

Veteran
Why's that? It is a 'replica' sports top after all. I'll hardly be mistaken for a world champ class cyclist, around this way few if any will know what they are anyway.

If i like the look of it i'm buying, Thor's was nice but i'd bought 2 sets this season already. I get stick for my Lampre already, so wouldnt be annoyed about gettin stick.

Hip Priest

Veteran
A bloke I know spotted a guy wearing a red polka dot jersey, huffing and puffing up a small hill.

It's a big no no.

OP
OP
bennydorano

bennydorano

Veteran
I dont see the problem with teamkit at all, i ride with boys who'd be wearing Altura & the likes, their kit is prob dearer than mine. Seems a bit precious tbh

Noodley

Absolute codswollop, wear what you want.

Ignore anyone who tries to tell you what to do or wear without being invited to comment.

zizou

Veteran
the new season team kits dont usually become available to buy until late march / early april

Willo

:thumbsup:

Ignore anyone who tries to tell you what to do or wear without being invited to comment.

Ditto. I have a Europcar jersey and the fact I like it is good enough for me. If someone takes umbrage at that when they pass me on a Sunday morning, that's their problem not mine. I see the logic with the world champs, tour coloured jersey's etc. re earning the right to wear them, but if somone likes the design of a rainbow jersey, for example, what's the harm? Remember seeing literally 1000s of spectators wearing polka dot jerseys on one of the big mountain stages in this year's Tour and why not.

Many wear football and rugby tops to go down the pub, at least cyclists wear team jerseys to actually cycle.

p.s. to answer your question, as other's have said to date he's been wearing a rainbow Htc and I assume the Sky version won't come out until we're into next year when they release the new season clobber. In the meantime the Htc version looks good to me (Wiggle also selling it)

http://www.bobshop.d...n=googlebase/en

gds58

Über Member
The other day I thought I was stood behind Wayne Rooney in Aldi and he was wearing his team shirt. Then the guy turned around and I could see that he was fat and ugly... I still wasn't sure!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 42
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 42

Noodley

Reminds me of the time I met a fellow CC forummer at a track meeting and he commented "who is the poser in the Rainbow jersey?"..."err, that's the current world champion"... :biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
If some one wants to wear a Cav shirt (when they are available) then good luck to them, they're not saying they are as good as Cav but that they are showing support for him. The same as during the Rugby World Cup, thousands of people were wearing their teams shirts to show support NOT to say they were personally any good at playing Rugby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am Spartacus

Über Member

Absolutely.
If it's on sale legit, then you pays your money , you make the choice to wear.

The 'precious police' - your own opinion is your right but don't be arses about what people wear please, not in this century.

I race and have a decent knowledge of cycling history and appreciate the effort of what goes into trying to win, but life has moved on.

If you have ANY valid reason for someone not buying a WC branded top (or perhaps a WC striped Ritchey seatpost) then let us know on here.

Top Bottom