CC Central Scotland Wee Saturday Ride 17th Oct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
sorry to divert back to the original topic ...:eek:

Have a great ride tomorrow, hope the weather is as good as it was today :biggrin:
& let us know how you are getting on with the shiny new bike!

T

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Telemark said:
sorry to divert back to the original topic ...:eek:

Have a great ride tomorrow, hope the weather is as good as it was today :biggrin:
& let us know how you are getting on with the shiny new bike!

T

Ta! Will let you all know when we get back. Glad to hear the official ride went down well, I've not broached the subject of baking with Mrs.Eldud yet, maybe I should tell her that Mrs.HJ put on a good spread - get some healthy competition going!

I took the new bike out today for it's first real shake-down ride with some guys from Stirling Bike Club. It was soooooooo nice, very, very, very different to riding my hybrid. We did 28 miles and it felt like a warm up! It's definitely about the bike, despite what Lance says! :thumbsup:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
eldudino said:
Ta! Will let you all know when we get back. Glad to hear the official ride went down well, I've not broached the subject of baking with Mrs.Eldud yet, maybe I should tell her that Mrs.HJ put on a good spread - get some healthy competition going!

I took the new bike out today for it's first real shake-down ride with some guys from Stirling Bike Club. It was soooooooo nice, very, very, very different to riding my hybrid. We did 28 miles and it felt like a warm up! It's definitely about the bike, despite what Lance says! :biggrin:

Excellent news on the new bike ;)
I got a distinct feeling on the CCCS ride today that something other than my Trek hybrid would speed me up and make it easier to keep up with the rest of the gang - not that I was being left behind or huffing and puffing too much, just from watching them glide along effortlessly (that's what it looked like anyway ;)), partly due to the different geometry I think. And then I lifted MajorMantra's flatmate's featherweight bike during a stop :ohmy:
[feeling slightly disloyal to my old tank, it's a great bike on/off road and for lugging heavy loads, + it's never let me down. But it's not the speediest of bikes :blush:].

<whisper/> I may have to investigate my cycle to work scheme ... </whisper>

As to the other topic: If Mrs. Eldud were amenable to feeding/watering a bunch of strange people that you met after talking to them on the internet :ohmy:, that would make Stirling an even more attractive destination for a CCCS ride. :tongue:

T

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Telemark said:
[feeling slightly disloyal to my old tank, it's a great bike on/off road and for lugging heavy loads, + it's never let me down. But it's not the speediest of bikes ;)].

That was exactly what I went though, I'd gone about making my Trek as quick as I could but at the end of the day it's still very heavy and takes a good bit of puff to get it shifting at any real pace (with me riding anyway).

The roadbike does make a huge difference, I really enjoyed it and would recommend one to anyone who's started with a flatbar due to a fear of drops and finds themself wanting more speed!

I even managed to come second by a half a wheel in the informal 'sprint finish' to the coffee shop!

scook94

Veteran
eldudino said:
That was exactly what I went though, I'd gone about making my Trek as quick as I could but at the end of the day it's still very heavy and takes a good bit of puff to get it shifting at any real pace (with me riding anyway).

The roadbike does make a huge difference, I really enjoyed it and would recommend one to anyone who's started with a flatbar due to a fear of drops and finds themself wanting more speed!

I even managed to come second by a half a wheel in the informal 'sprint finish' to the coffee shop!

Anyone else smell that BS?

scook94

Veteran
Another good ride today, even though it was grey and overcast. A very challenging route for me, so thanks to Eldudino for bearing with me. Great cake stop at Kippen has helped me forget the worst of it though!

Just a pity both our computers had a snafu, so total ride stats are a bit vague!!

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
T'was a great run out. First chance at hills with a race bike for me so an interesting experience! I took some pics on the way, unfortunately I didn't manage to capture the retina-burning torture device that is Scook's Dinote rear light!

4022438778_14daa22b21.jpg

Scook off in the distance.
4022437704_00de62e8a9.jpg

Scook just off the racing line...
4021676427_a9ea2d0832.jpg

We came round the bottom of that hill, although we were half way up the bugger at points!

As Scook said, the cakes were good and thoroughly enjoyed, we'll be going back there!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
eldudino said:
T'was a great run out. First chance at hills with a race bike for me so an interesting experience! I took some pics on the way, unfortunately I didn't manage to capture the retina-burning torture device that is Scook's Dinote rear light!

4022438778_14daa22b21.jpg

Scook off in the distance.
4022437704_00de62e8a9.jpg

Scook just off the racing line...
4021676427_a9ea2d0832.jpg

We came round the bottom of that hill, although we were half way up the bugger at points!

As Scook said, the cakes were good and thoroughly enjoyed, we'll be going back there!

great pictures! What was the route?

T

scook94

Veteran
scoosh said:
:laugh: Well Done, Guys :bravo:

Looks like a nice route too.

BTW Scook, did the (race) gearing slow him down any ;) ???

NOPE!!!! Only thing slowing him down was me! :sad: I think he could give HLaB and Seamab a run for their money on the climbs now...

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
You're too kind!

I'm certainly not in the same league as HLaB or Seamab yet, let me lose another 3 stone though and then we'll re-assess. Anyway, Scook didn't have to stop as much as I did when I first did that route so he did pretty well himself!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
eldudino said:
You're too kind!

I'm certainly not in the same league as HLaB or Seamab yet, let me lose another 3 stone though and then we'll re-assess. Anyway, Scook didn't have to stop as much as I did when I first did that route so he did pretty well himself!

<cheeky mode>
Do I detect a gauntlet being gently placed on the road? :becool: Watch out for the big challenge next year, is this one for the diaries of CC Ecosse to come and spectate/applaud all parties? :biggrin:
<end cheeky mode>

On a more "serious" note - well done both of you!:tongue:

T

Top Bottom