CC Central Scotland Wee Saturday Ride 17th Oct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Scook94 and I have been talking and decided to go on a jaunt on Saturday morning (17th Oct). It's taking this route, departing at 8am on Saturday from Bannockburn.

Anyone's welcome to join us but I imagine it'll be limited to locals (Seamab?) due to the start time though this could probably be pushed a bit if someone was desperate to make it!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
x-posting with HJ -

TWO "rival" CC Central Scotland rides on one day :thumbsup:
I'm afraid the 06:25 train from Edinburgh to make it to Stirling in time for this one is just a wee bit too early ...
Are you sure you can't be persuaded to join us a bit further east and keep your local ride for the weekend after?

T

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Telemark said:
x-posting with HJ -

TWO "rival" CC Central Scotland rides on one day :thumbsup:
I'm afraid the 06:25 train from Edinburgh to make it to Stirling in time for this one is just a wee bit too early ...
Are you sure you can't be persuaded to join us a bit further east and keep your local ride for the weekend after?

T

Ah - no date had been set for the other ride, sorry HJ!

My availability's changed on Saturday - lunch with friends, so I've got to get out and back early to keep SWMBO happy!

scook94

Veteran
I'm free all day but I believe Eldud has plans in the afternoon, hence the early start. I'll wait for the CC ride proper before I get to try the Gifford route. Been keen to try the Carron Reservoir route for too long not to go on Saturday. Plus, I'm keen to try out my new Dinotte 400R on the busy A811! :thumbsup:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
eldudino said:
Ah - no date had been set for the other ride, sorry HJ!

My availability's changed on Saturday - lunch with friends, so I've got to get out and back early to keep SWMBO happy!

Have fun, the route looks very nice! I've only done bits of it, a loop from Stirling to Carron Valley via some reservoirs with funny names, and then turned NE at the W end of Carron Valley reservoir onto a tiny bumpy road past some wind turbines. Great views and a snakebite puncture for Mr T on one of the "washboard" downhill bits :ohmy:. Must go back there some time soon...

Very important to keep SWMBO happy ... (speaking as one of those myself) :thumbsup:

T

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
scook94 said:
Only one way to find out! You sure it's okay? What time Sunday?

8am again? Or do you want to make it a bit later 8.30?

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
scook94 said:
Was that you dressed as a fluorescent gooseberry that wizzed past me at the station this evening?

I thought it was you! Didn't recognise you with your glasses on! The reason I was staring through the window like a mentalist was because I recognised the car with the bike rack on it.

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Aperitif said:
Have fun in the fog, snow and ice all you kilted warriors! :tongue:

Not a kilt in sight! I'm a halfy-English/Welsh immigrant!

And as for snow and ice, it was FROSTY this morning, I went without overshoes and with short fingered gloves, big mistake, one that I won't be making tmrw!

Top Bottom