CC Christmas Club Runs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
How do you think that went Bob?

It's hard to find a common pace isn't it. It's a shame you can't set a bot to maintain a specific speed relative to gradient. Maybe it'd be easier in a larger group although that may also be hard to pace.

I could of happily gone a little slower but I became aware I made promises to take my daughter swimming.

Having said that I feel like I got a good work out and sharing the road, even if not side by side, is definitely less of a lonely excersise.

Cya tomorrow

bobinski

Legendary Member
It was all good Tommy.
First day on the bike in 7 days so knew I would be rusty rather than rested. I didn't build in time to stretch either so as the ride progressed my old mans bones and muscles began to bollock me for the early rise^_^ so I eased a bit and you pulled away and that's when I told you not to wait. Looks like you are recovering well from your chesty thing.
I did have a bit of fun chasing you down on the hill, from a minute to 6 seconds and then blew up! After that I rode to heart rate, trying to stay just under 150. It was interesting because I got to observe some of bkools bonkers foibles. But that's for another post.

It looks like others are interested in joining so how about a target speed on flats? Regroup at top or bottom of climbs perhaps?

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Good stuff Breedon.

If we aim to start a warm up at 7:30 we can always delay a bit for late comers.

I've picked out a few courses around 60km. Under 1000 meters of climbing but I'm open to suggestions with regards everything really.

Because we're going over decent distances which may increase as the days go on, and hopefully a few sessions over the next few days, I think we can afford to start sessions spinning relatively slowly and then pick it up further into the runs. If anyone fancies blasting off into the distance at any point then obviously no probs.

Maybe as you suggest Bob if we aim for a speed and we can wait at tops and bottom of hills that might be worth trying.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Good stuff Breedon.

If we aim to start a warm up at 7:30 we can always delay a bit for late comers.

I've picked out a few courses around 60km. Under 1000 meters of climbing but I'm open to suggestions with regards everything really.

Because we're going over decent distances which may increase as the days go on, and hopefully a few sessions over the next few days, I think we can afford to start sessions spinning relatively slowly and then pick it up further into the runs. If anyone fancies blasting off into the distance at any point then obviously no probs.

Maybe as you suggest Bob if we aim for a speed and we can wait at tops and bottom of hills that might be worth trying.

I am very happy to spin slowly to start. We could have a neutralised zone it is that overthinking things? Tommy, why don't you set a pace say for first 10k and we can take turns drafting to warm up? And then raise it to an agreed pace and if anyone struggles then we wait at top or bottom if a hill, just spinning slowly and then perhaps make last 5k/or a suitable point a free for all for anyone who feels need to raise tempo?

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

What about we say slow roll out then 20mph (32kph) max, for first 10k.Then 25mph (40kph) max for the next 20k. Then discuss here?

This is all a punt if I'm honest, sorry its a bit vague. I normally look at my watt output and don't pay attention to speed. If that looks too pacy let me know. Looking at the course the first 5k is flat then it climbs for a while so that might dictate the pace anyway.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
If I get my @rse in gear in the morning I may try to join. I normally cycle later in the day, so be interested to see if I can ride in the mornings (need to get used to this if going to do the DD!) If not tomorrow, will def try on Thursday. I'll be much slower than you guys though so please don't wait for me. 32kph is close to my max so I may have to drop back quite early just to finish the course.

bobinski

Legendary Member
What about we say slow roll out then 20mph (32kph) max, for first 10k.Then 25mph (40kph) max for the next 20k. Then discuss here?

This is all a punt if I'm honest, sorry its a bit vague. I normally look at my watt output and don't pay attention to speed. If that looks too pacy let me know. Looking at the course the first 5k is flat then it climbs for a while so that might dictate the pace anyway.

Sounds good to me. Would it Be too tricky for you to start at 7-45? No worries if not TT.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

7-45 is fine mate

Breedon

Legendary Member
I like the sound of it all, I'll try and keep up but if I can't keep the pace I'll drop back so you can up the pace if you want to.
Seen your watts output Tommy for the ride you did this morning that's the sort of ride i do at full tilt on the chaingang :blink:.
Looking forward to it though ^_^

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

It's another one. Oxfordshire / England / United Kingdom. I'm basically just searching for courses between 60 & 80km and then looking at the profiles to see if they look friendly.

Top Bottom