Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond CC Ecosse 2017 tour of Mull

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi All!

What about CC Ecosse touring Mull this year?
Weekend 16/17/18 June 2017, checking out on the Monday.
I'm looking at Tobermory Youth Hostel for accommodation, but we need to decide fast as it is almost full. There are other options for places to stay, I will propose them once I know how many will attend.
You can get there anyway you like, @flyingfifi and I will be cycling there and back of course :-D
We tour the island and as usual we will have a ball of a time, maybe get to Iona too if time allows :okay:
RSVP deadline by midnight 05/02/2017 :biggrin:
Thank you!

@Col5632 @Scoosh @Fubar @Edwardoka @Bobby Mhor @Brandane @Telemark @fimm @Turdus philomelos @ShooglyDougie @DougieAB and indeed @anybody that would like to join CC Ecosse this year!

Edit: Tagging also @Harry_Palmer79 @mcshroom @bigjim @annedonnelly
@Rasmus
@mr messy

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I will do you all a favour with the weather, and rule myself out at an early stage! :okay:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I might be interested Pat, could you tell me please how many miles per day do you do roughly and how hard/hilly is it please?
Also are you cycling there from Glasgow in one day?
Trust me, it is well worth the trip, I've a route planned around the island and it throws up just under 9,000 ft over 122 miles.I've been around the island by car, beautiful.

@Pat"5mph" much as I'd love to be there but as I've said I have promised Mrs Mhor a holiday on the island. Possibly we'll be in warmer climes from mid-june onwards.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Hi All!

What about CC Ecosse touring Mull this year?
Weekend 16/17/18 June 2017, checking out on the Monday.
I'm looking at Tobermory Youth Hostel for accommodation, but we need to decide fast as it is almost full. There are other options for places to stay, I will propose them once I know how many will attend.
You can get there anyway you like, @flyingfifi and I will be cycling there and back of course :-D
We tour the island and as usual we will have a ball of a time, maybe get to Iona too if time allows :okay:
RSVP deadline by midnight 05/02/2017 :biggrin:
Thank you!

@Col5632 @Scoosh @Fubar @Edwardoka @Bobby Mhor @Brandane @Telemark @fimm @Turdus philomelos @ShooglyDougie @DougieAB and indeed @anybody that would like to join CC Ecosse this year!

No can do, will be busy with EdFoC 8-18 June, also likely EdFoC Edinburgh Night Ride that weekend (@Scoosh @Fubar) unless we move it to the weekend before...

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

All right @Telemark :sad:

I will do you all a favour with the weather, and rule myself out at an early stage! :okay:
Excuse, excuses, you're just jealous of my Genesis: from all of us, the only one that does not ride in the rain is you :tongue:

I might be interested Pat, could you tell me please how many miles per day do you do roughly and how hard/hilly is it please?
Also are you cycling there from Glasgow in one day?
Hi @User46386 it would be lovely to have you on board!
@flyingfifi (Fiona) is taking care of the routes from Glasgow, well, she said we will start from Greenock, ride over in 2 days, so an over night stay each way.
Are you in Glasgow?
The route is quite hilly, that's why we do only about 50 miles a day: I did some previously, I managed (slowly but surely) and I'm certainly not a skinny racing young one ^_^
We stop loads to take pictures :biggrin:
You could either ride with me and Fiona - I'll tell you the exact route via pm when she tells me, or meet us in Mull if you prefer to get there by other means.

iandg

Legendary Member
Unfortunately I have June blocked off for a holiday with the Wickerwoman :sad: and :smile:

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

I'm thinking this place looks nice for us to stay.
I have emailed just now for availability and prices.
It's a 30 mile ride form the Graignure (From Oban) ferry.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

Ok, latest: we are 4 girls leaving from Greenock maybe 5 if @Turdus philomelos can make it.
We will be doing this:

Fiona and Pat will take the train from Glasgow to Greenock.
Cycle from Greenock to Gourock one mile down the road to take ferry to Dunoon.
From Dunoon we cycle 45 miles and take 2 ferries until Lochgilphead, where we stay overnight.
Then we cycle 40 miles to Oban, where we will take the ferry to Mull, this ferry lands in Craignure. From there we will cycle 20 miles to Tobermory, where we will stay until the Monday (check out), then do it all again in reverse!
We leave from Greenock/Gourock on Thursday 15 June 2017.
On Mull, we tour the island, routes to be arranged still: Fiona already did the routes from the start, I will put them here once I get them, so you can put them in your satnav if you like.
We will never split, we will go at the pace of the slowest (me lol) and we may walk the occasional hill ^_^

I have now got an email back from the resort I prefer, but they are not available for the 3 days, their prices are a bit dear anyway: there was still spaces left at the Youth Hostel in Tobemory, so that would be my next choice, but the men need to confirm asp if they want to come or we might have to split.

Top Bottom