CC Ecosse (East Central) post-Freeze RV Ride 10/1A

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
It's meant to be a POST-freeze ride (number 2010/1A 'cos it's 2010 and the second Attempt at the first ride). :wacko: ?

As we were foiled by the weather :cold: last week :sad:, shall we try for this Saturday instead ?

Same time ??

Same place ??

Date: Saturday 23 January (that's this coming Saturday :eek:)

Place: Heaven Scent Cafe, Milnathort (where we met for RV Ride #1)

Time: 1115-1130

The cakes are good, it's nice and warm - what more could we ask for ?
1. Good weather :sun:
2. Not too much wind :sad:
3. Bikes that work :wacko:
4. Legs that work :biggrin:
5. Lots of folk to attend :tongue:

So who is coming ???

Jane Smart :girl:
Touche :wahhey:
Scoosh :blush:
gavintc ;)

HJ ?
Telemark ?
Ranger ? :tired:

eldudino :tongue:
LFG :cry:
SB :sad:
Seamab :thumbsup:
scook94 :rolleyes:

I will endeavour to amend this first page as we go along, to keep it up-to-date :thumbsup:

lazyfatgit

Much as id love to come along, I have other duties on Sat.

Hope you have a nice ride.

cheers

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Fraid not. I'm down in North Yorks for a family birthday, not even any chance of taking my bike with me either :-(

Hope you all enjoy!

Seamab

I can't make this one - too early for me as i will be in Glasgow in the morning and cannot get back in time.

gavintc

Guru
This one is possible / probable. Do any of the Edinburgh folk know how far it is. Need to plan and work out roughly how long it will take. I suppose I could use a route planner - but that will take me up the motorway.

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Touche/gavintc:
My short route is Trinity-Silverknowes-Dalmeny-FRB-Inverkeithing-Crossgates-Hill of Beith-Kelty-Kinross-Milnathort-:laugh:, which is around 80km.

My preferred longer route is FRB-Rosyth-Crossford (following Ed-StA ride route)-Cleish Hill-Kinross-Milnathort. Coming back on the short route makes about 100km.

It'll be the short one this week-end - not fit enough yet :sad:.

Home - Kinross is 1hr 30 tops ... usually :tongue:.

gavintc

Guru
No, my month off the bike has certainly left my legs rather leaden. I have gone back to the commute this week and it can only get better. The fun of the hills has been replaced with a steady grind, wondering how my bike has suddenly become so much heavier!! Oh well, it can only improve - just need to work my way through it.

scoosh said:
Touche/gavintc:
My short route is Trinity-Silverknowes-Dalmeny-FRB-Inverkeithing-Crossgates-Hill of Beith-Kelty-Kinross-Milnathort-B), which is around 80km.

Your short route once across the FRB is the one I have been looking at, about 45 miles each way for me. How hilly is this?

Ranger

Touche said:
Your short route once across the FRB is the one I have been looking at, about 45 miles each way for me. How hilly is this?

The section Inverkeithing to Crossgates is a long steady climb (one of those that just seems to go on forever), with a goodish climb through and out of Hill Of Beath, but from there it is pretty flat!!!!

If you want to avoid the climb through Hill of Beath take the longer route from Crossgates and through Cowdenbeath to Kinross, longer but a lot less climbing

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Touche said:
Not as hilly as Cleish ;)

Nothing a fixie-commuter can't handle :laugh: - don't worry about it, you'll have nae bother :sad:

There are a couple of 'lumps' but nothing which could/should be called a hill.

[Ranger ... beans ... spilling .... B)]

Top Bottom