CC Ecosse (East Central) post-Freeze RV Ride 10/1A

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Here is a route from Dalmeny which we drew earlier...

Ranger

Just a heads up for you all that the cycle path on the southbound side of the Forth Road Bridge is closed, you will need to use the other one which means crossing the roundabout or going round on the service road.

Also watch out for the exit off the bridge back onto the road, it is very steep with a barrier at the bottom meaning I usually go for the get off and walk option

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Ranger said:
Just a heads up for you all that the cycle path on the southbound side of the Forth Road Bridge is closed, you will need to use the other one which means crossing the roundabout or going round on the service road.

Also watch out for the exit off the bridge back onto the road, it is very steep with a barrier at the bottom meaning I usually go for the get off and walk option
So coming from Ed, we have to use the service road under the bridge and use the Northbound (usually the windy) side ?

Also watch out for the exit off the bridge back onto the road
Is this on the Fife side of the bridge ?

Thanks for that Ranger - very good to have input from a regular commuter on the route :blush:.

Now, if you want to have a slightly longer, hillier ride to the meet, you could always go south to Cleish Hill, over it, then back onto the B914 to Kelty and see if you can pick up any of us heading North :biggrin:.

If that's too far, we'll just come and chap yer door as we go past xx(.

Ranger

scoosh said:
So coming from Ed, we have to use the service road under the bridge and use the Northbound (usually the windy) side ?

Is this on the Fife side of the bridge ?

Thanks for that Ranger - very good to have input from a regular commuter on the route :wacko:.

Now, if you want to have a slightly longer, hillier ride to the meet, you could always go south to Cleish Hill, over it, then back onto the B914 to Kelty and see if you can pick up any of us heading North :smile:.

If that's too far, we'll just come and chap yer door as we go past :biggrin:.

Correct on using the service road and yes the nasty bit of cycle path is on the north end of the bridge, just before the big lay-by.

As for a longer route, why would I want to do that, I'll stay in my nice warm bed until I have to get up:biggrin:

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Ranger said:
As for a longer route, why would I want to do that, I'll stay in my nice warm bed until I have to get up:biggrin:
OK, as you have been so informative and helpful and put the commute miles in - you are forgiven :biggrin:

:wacko: :smile:

:sad: :tired:

So you are coming, then ???

MrRidley

Hope you have a good outing tomorrow, the weather looks not to bad.

gavintc

Guru
Having just spent some time working out the route, planning it all, I then looked at Metcheck. It is not nice tomorrow - sleet and rain. I am planning to come, but if the weather looks horrid, I might wimp out.

Top Bottom