Scotland : Kingdom of Fife CC Ecosse (East) Ride - 16th March - Date changed !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yet another puncture (this time the back tyre) has spoiled the day, after the three of us lost all feeling in our fingers and toes trying to fix it in the blizzard conditions i said i would walk home and let Rasmus and Tug get home, started to jog home with my bike when a knockhill van passed me then stop and reversed, the guy got out and asked if i wanted a lift to Dunfermline, passed rasmus on the way back, just goes to show there are some nice people still around :smile:

Sorry for dragging you guys out on a horrible day but it just seemed to get worse the more we continued.
There's quite a few of the DCC who drive vans :thumbsup:

"There's quite a few of the DCC who drive vans :thumbsup: "

Who like young boys ? :rolleyes:

Allegedly
Lol, any bloke from Fife who is doing something is classed a boy
th_Emoticon_digging-1.gif
:blush:

edindave

Über Member
i need 50 minutes on the bike tomorrow to complete my strava challenge, i was soaking when i got back to clackmannanshire, i had a wee run around alloa and tullibody but i couldn`t go on, i couldn`t feel my toes, my gloves were dripping everytime i touched the brakes....now my rod bike is away in for a service, the old mb has been dusted off

Nice one on the Strava Challenge. :thumbsup:

I might have been in with a chance of completing it if I hadn't bailed out today (would have needed a 6 hour ride tomorrow as well though! :whistle:) , but I was already soaked through when I got to the meet and knew I had to quit when the temp dropped and it turned to snow.

Might get a couple of hours outdoors tomorrow but the forecast isn't looking great, and I can't see me doing 10.5 hours on the rollers by midnight tomorrow! :laugh:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
HonestMan1910 and I abandoned a few miles out of Dunfermline, shortly after the rain turned to sleet/snow. At that point I was losing feeling in my fingers and knew that if I carried on I'd be struggling to change gears/brake after a while. :surrender:

Col, Tug and Rasmus are still out there...:ohmy:
Have you not bought some full-fingered gloves yet ? :laugh:
Yet another puncture (this time the back tyre) has spoiled the day, after the three of us lost all feeling in our fingers and toes trying to fix it in the blizzard conditions i said i would walk home and let Rasmus and Tug get home, started to jog home with my bike when a knockhill van passed me then stop and reversed, the guy got out and asked if i wanted a lift to Dunfermline, passed rasmus on the way back, just goes to show there are some nice people still around :smile:

Sorry for dragging you guys out on a horrible day but it just seemed to get worse the more we continued.
:whistle:
I'd call today's exercise pretty hard core ! :cold:

You're still nuts, though :crazy:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Oh what a shame, the weather spoiled it for you guys.
Here in Glasgow we only had the usual rain, mind it could still snow tomorrow (Sunday), had a few snow flakes hitting my nose on the way home tonight.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Hardcore is defo what we shall call today, i think if we had stayed on lower ground it would have been fine but up hills in snow was a step too far, typical i got a puncture at the top of one of the last hills on the ride :cry:

snorri

Legendary Member
I'd call today's exercise pretty hard core ! :cold:

You don't think it was a case of southern softies Scoosh? :whistle:

Managed a few miles myself, but have to admit all the snow here was on the hilltops, above road level, where it belongs. The wind is away to the east now for a few days, so its back on with the semmit for tomorrow. :biggrin:

Better luck next time guys:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Needing a new back tyre I think, looked like the tyre rim had came away from the actual tyre yesterday but its done me well that tyre, didn't look like that was the cause of the puncture though

GBC

Veteran
Sorry to hear that the ride didn't follow Plan A, but snow in the middle of March isn't something that you can really legislate for, same as mechanicals at any time. However, here's hoping I can make the next one when the weather will undoubtedly be 'scorchio':sun:
I did actually go out today to clear the cobwebs, up the Glasgow Road to Stewarton, on to Kilmaurs and then home on the A77. Fine, if a bit showery, on the way down, but 10 miles from home, on the A77, I ran into a vicious hail shower which lasted a good fifteen to twenty minutes, so finished the ride soaked through and frozen.

I console myself though, that the weather will continue to improve and there will be hot sunny rides when we will be wishing for a bit of snow/ hail to cool us down:heat:

Well, a man can dream can't he...........

Top Bottom