Scotland : Kingdom of Fife CC Ecosse (East) Ride - 16th March - Date changed !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
14tpv05.jpg

2qso4fr.jpg

o0c5tt.jpg

35isrkk.jpg

b3mxpu.jpg

9u7pxx.jpg

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Yet another puncture (this time the back tyre) has spoiled the day, after the three of us lost all feeling in our fingers and toes trying to fix it in the blizzard conditions i said i would walk home and let Rasmus and Tug get home, started to jog home with my bike when a knockhill van passed me then stop and reversed, the guy got out and asked if i wanted a lift to Dunfermline, passed rasmus on the way back, just goes to show there are some nice people still around :smile:

Sorry for dragging you guys out on a horrible day but it just seemed to get worse the more we continued.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Yet another puncture (this time the back tyre) has spoiled the day, after the three of us lost all feeling in our fingers and toes trying to fix it in the blizzard conditions i said i would walk home and let Rasmus and Tug get home, started to jog home with my bike when a knockhill van passed me then stop and reversed, the guy got out and asked if i wanted a lift to Dunfermline, passed rasmus on the way back, just goes to show there are some nice people still around :smile:

Sorry for dragging you guys out on a horrible day but it just seemed to get worse the more we continued.
That's a shame. Looks really nasty in the photos. I can sympathise after having my first visit last week on a freezing day. Could hardly feel my fingers to change it. What tyres do you use?

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
That's a shame. Looks really nasty in the photos. I can sympathise after having my first visit last week on a freezing day. Could hardly feel my fingers to change it. What tyres do you use?

The back one is one from amazon i got a couple of years ago but its got kelvar in it which is meant to stop punctures, if it was atleast dry at the time i think it could have been fixed but we were all freezing :cold:

D

Deleted member 20519

Sorry to hear that the ride didn't go to plan, how many miles did you cover today?

Get In The Van

I was thinking about you guys today when i was out working, you're just over the water from west Lothian and the snow has been belting down since 11am here, you did the right thing in calling it off, not worth the broken collar bone or rib
it'll be :sun: soon........:rofl:

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Sorry to hear that the ride didn't go to plan, how many miles did you cover today?
We only did about 15 miles of the actual route.

I decided not to risk having to stand around Dunfermline Town station for a long time, and instead rode into Edinburgh. The snow soon turned to sleet, and I was pretty completely soaked when I arrived. Through some excessive use of the train toilet warm air dryer I survived the trip.

While today turned into a bit of a mess I do like the prospects of the route - let's try it once more when the weather improves.

tug benson

My day

http://app.strava.com/activities/44606462

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
We only did about 15 miles of the actual route.

I decided not to risk having to stand around Dunfermline Town station for a long time, and instead rode into Edinburgh. The snow soon turned to sleet, and I was pretty completely soaked when I arrived. Through some excessive use of the train toilet warm air dryer I survived the trip.

While today turned into a bit of a mess I do like the prospects of the route - let's try it once more when the weather improves.

Glad you enjoyed the part of the route we did manage to cover, except cleish that's as hilly as the route gets really

Seamab

Glad to hear you guys are all ok despite the mis adventures. At the last minute I could have made todays ride but the weather forecast put me off. Saying that, at 9am here it was dry but overcast but the snow arrived around 10.30am. I settled instead for a shot on the turbo indoors.
When will it ever warm up?

tug benson

i need 50 minutes on the bike tomorrow to complete my strava challenge, i was soaking when i got back to clackmannanshire, i had a wee run around alloa and tullibody but i couldn`t go on, i couldn`t feel my toes, my gloves were dripping everytime i touched the brakes....now my rod bike is away in for a service, the old mb has been dusted off

Top Bottom