Scotland : Kingdom of Fife CC Ecosse (East) Ride - 16th March - Date changed !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
You not using normal bike at all these days or just switching between?
Not using my upright bike at the mo' as right shoulder and wrist are not as good as they should be and putting weight on them becomes painful.

Also trying to get my "'bent legs" :training:

Moral: Don't get old :sad:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
How about doing what we done with the perth ride and just do the same ride both weeks, maybe the second week do the route in reverse?

Would be up for making the journey from Glasgow for this.
Rode to Dunfermline fairly recently, so it would be like continuing where I left off.:bicycle:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
I`ll only make one of the days, i have my first spotive on the 24th of march and i`ll will need to up my miles the closer i get to the date

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Glad to see so many people are thinking about making it along :smile:

EDIT:Looking like a good turnout so far :smile:

Attending
1.Col5632
2.Jazloc
3.Rasmus
4.GBC
5.Tug Benson
6.Edwardoka
7.Halfmanhalfbike

Maybe Attending
1.Sleekitcollie
2.Scoosh (Unlikely - too many hills :sad:)

Fubar

Guru
Hi Col, IF I can get my ass into gear I'm hoping to make this one - work has been a nightmare recently but as you know I'm moving on so just need to get out a few times before this one. Best thing with this ride is you CAN leave me behind, I'll find my own way home eventually! Hopefully this will be the start of my cycling year so count me as attending unless I tell you otherwise! Regards, Mark

D

Deleted member 20519

Scoosh, if you can't make it on the 'bent due to the hills, why don't you come on your real bicycle? :bicycle:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Scoosh, if you can't make it on the 'bent due to the hills, why don't you come on your real bicycle? :bicycle:

James, see below for why, also Scoosh did message me to say he prob wont make it as he likes to watch the rugby

Not using my upright bike at the mo' as right shoulder and wrist are not as good as they should be and putting weight on them becomes painful.

Also trying to get my "'bent legs" :training:

Moral: Don't get old :sad:

Hi Col, IF I can get my ass into gear I'm hoping to make this one - work has been a nightmare recently but as you know I'm moving on so just need to get out a few times before this one. Best thing with this ride is you CAN leave me behind, I'll find my own way home eventually! Hopefully this will be the start of my cycling year so count me as attending unless I tell you otherwise! Regards, Mark

Glad to hear you are planning on making it along, if you want a few 'practice' miles with company let me know cause i'm needing to start getting out a bit more often too :smile:

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Scotland plays Wales at Murrayfield on the 9th, which means Haymarket station with a bike is probably a really bad idea.

Plan B is to take the train to Alloa and ride over.

Scotland plays Wales at Murrayfield on the 9th, which means Haymarket station with a bike is probably a really bad idea.
Well spotted that man. I never even considered that.

I would also add that the route from Alloa to Dunfermline was very dull. 14 miles of mostly tree-canopied former railway path with not much scenery. Would it be possible to change this to another date, do you think?

Top Bottom