Scotland : Kingdom of Fife CC Ecosse (East) Ride - 16th March - Date changed !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Well spotted that man. I never even considered that.

I would also add that the route from Alloa to Dunfermline was very dull. 14 miles of mostly tree-canopied former railway path with not much scenery. Would it be possible to change this to another date, do you think?

I was thinking about doing the same route 2 weeks running but wasnt sure what interest we would have :whistle:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
From Alloa we can always go along the costal road to dunfermline

Rasmus

Without a clever title
To be honest, I only think I could manage one of the dates. I'm fine with either 9th or 16th, though.

From Alloa we can always go along the costal road to dunfermline
The train comes into Alloa at 0913 - does that leave enough time to take the "scenic route" to Dunfermline?

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
To be honest, I only think I could manage one of the dates. I'm fine with either 9th or 16th, though.

The train comes into Alloa at 0913 - does that leave enough time to take the "scenic route" to Dunfermline?

I would say no unless you really batter it along :bicycle:

Maybe best making the date the 16th as it saves the hassle at the train station for most :thumbsup:

Would have to be the 16th for me as well, as I just received notification that my presence is required on the 9th for a kilt-fitting :blink:

Rasmus

Without a clever title
cutting it fine...might be 15 mins late, unless we go at a decent pace

this is the cycle path
http://app.strava.com/segments/3482037

Just have to go at HLaB speeds, and we can just make it :laugh:

Anyway, moving to do this on the 16th makes it a moot point, as I'll be training it via Edinburgh.

good tail wind and we can take that KOM:bicycle:
How can multiple people share a KOM? ^_^ Unless we do some kind of pro-tour style effort where the fastest rider sits in the slipstream while the others ride themselves ragged?:bicycle::bicycle:

I had a huge tailwind the day I did it but because of how sheltered it is, I never felt a breath of air, hence, 25th place :heat:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
I've never used strava on that path before, used to like going along it but now try to find routes with a wee bit more hills to challenge myself :heat::bicycle:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Attending
1.Col5632
2.Jazloc
3.Rasmus
4.GBC
5.Tug Benson
6.Edwardoka
7.Halfmanhalfbike
8.Edindave
9.Andy Richards

Maybe Attending
1.Sleekitcollie
2.HonestMan1910

Not Attending
1.Scoosh (unlikely - too many hills & rugby :sad: )
2.Fubar (too drunk from previous night to make it) :ohmy:

Fubar

Guru
Just checked this thread again and if it is the 16th I won't be there - it's my last day at present work on the Friday so planning to be very hungover the next day! Happy to still do something on 9th @Col5632 if your interested, so long as I'm back in time for the rugby? Regards, Mark

Top Bottom