Scotland : Kingdom of Fife CC Ecosse (East) Ride - 16th March - Date changed !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Just checked this thread again and if it is the 16th I won't be there - it's my last day at present work on the Friday so planning to be very hungover the next day! Happy to still do something on 9th @Col5632 if your interested, so long as I'm back in time for the rugby? Regards, Mark

I'll most likely being doing a run somewhere on the 9th, you got a route in mind?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I'll most likely being doing a run somewhere on the 9th, you got a route in mind?
PM or new thread ??? :whistle:

Hey guys,

Given that so many of us will presumably be coming over from Glasgow and via Haymarket on the same train (and vice-versa on the return leg), I'm wondering whether it might be worthwhile for us to contact Scotrail in advance of the 16th?

It wouldn't be the first time I've been stopped from boarding the train with a bike!

Cheers
Ed

edindave

Über Member
Col, what's the best route from the FRB to the meeting point? I've never cycled to/from Dunfermline. :thumbsup:

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
Col, what's the best route from the FRB to the meeting point? I've never cycled to/from Dunfermline. :thumbsup:
I favour going by Inverkeithing probably because I was born there but looking at the map youd probably be better going by Rosyth; at the end of the Bridge cut underneath at the rbt and at the small rbt go straight over the hill to Rosyth; take the first left at the Rbt in the centre of town; go straight through the next rdb; the road starts getting busy then but you turn right at the next rbt for a quiet entry to Dunfermline (Grange Road its bit of a sharp down hill then a gradual drag to traffic lights in town). Go straight through the lights (although if you have time its maybe more scenic to go left and up through Pittencrieff Park (The Glen) follow the park road to the top gates, turn right to lights at town bridge, continue to the next set of lights (straight over) and at the mess of the new tesco junction turn left up Pilmuir St to the QA HS it straight over the mini rbt (about 250m on the left). If you went straight at the lights at the top of Grange Rd you go up steeply to the Andrew Carnegie Birthplace Museum turn left just after it, the road then swings right the cross roads cars have to go left but you continue straight the Mercat Cross and the Pedestranised High St; you stagger across it (right and left) to Pilmuir St and navigate over the Tesco Junction to the North side of Pilmuir St and the QA HS. Something like this.

edindave

Über Member
If you need me to meet you somewhere I can :smile:

Cheers, much appreciated.
I'll put HLab's route into the Garmin so *should* be fine, although it has been known to throw the odd wobbly when trying to use it to navigate! Anyway will make sure I have your mobile no. on me. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Cheers, much appreciated.
I'll put HLab's route into the Garmin so *should* be fine, although it has been known to throw the odd wobbly when trying to use it to navigate! Anyway will make sure I have your mobile no. on me. :thumbsup:

No problem :thumbsup:

HLab's route is spot on, few 'other' 'scenic' ways you could go but thats a pretty direct route :thumbsup:

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Hey guys,

Given that so many of us will presumably be coming over from Glasgow and via Haymarket on the same train (and vice-versa on the return leg), I'm wondering whether it might be worthwhile for us to contact Scotrail in advance of the 16th?

It wouldn't be the first time I've been stopped from boarding the train with a bike!

Cheers
Ed

How many west-coasters are coming? We might need to spread ourselves across 2 services.

D

Deleted member 20519

I haven't been keeping up to date on this thread and now I'm confused :wacko:

GBC

Veteran
Unfortunately I'll not be able to make the 16th, family commitments take precedence, but have a good one and I hope to catch up with you all at the next one:smile:

George.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
I haven't been keeping up to date on this thread and now I'm confused :wacko:

Ride is now changed to the 16th due to possible train problems on the 9th march, everything else is still the same.

Can you still make it along?

Top Bottom