Scotland : Kingdom of Fife CC Ecosse (East) Ride - Saturday 4th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
I have only done 30 miles before, only started cycling in September so well pleased. Col was lucky today though, big range rover nearly pushed him in a ditch on Cliesh, millimeters in it, fe**ker

Wow, you did really well then! You were pretty good for your biggest ride, chapeau! (Or whatever it is experienced cyclist say!)

Fubar

Guru
I got a few names mixed up, so can whoever lent me the cardigan let me know and I will return it now it's been washed. Cheers again , sav me turning back even earlier

Not much of a mention of what must be the earliest withdrawal from a ride known to man, or a link to the fall in the bush..........

The cardie was GBC's, he was carrying a slab of tiffin in there as well, he just didn't tell you ;)

I still have @jazloc arm warmers, after he disappeared on the first hill.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Cheers Col, great ride, you did look freezing at points, tried to stay with you on Cleish, failed :blush:

:tongue: cleish is tuff especially if you have never done it before

yep i tried to stay with col on cleish too.... :tongue:

Show off :gun:

I have only done 30 miles before, only started cycling in September so well pleased. Col was lucky today though, big range rover nearly pushed him in a ditch on Cliesh, millimeters in it, fe**ker

Yeah he just wouldnt pass me which left me mm from a pretty big ditch, i had even got myself ready for the fall :cursing:

It wasnt this one was it :ohmy:

No this was a green old school one

GBC

Veteran
A great day out and great company as well, probably one of the best for entertainment, courtesy of Louch. The things that will stay in my memory, apart from the from someone's spectacular dismount in the car park, is the wind, and the most expensive bacon roll in the world:headshake:
Cleish Hill was certainly all it was cracked up to be, made worse, for me, by the energy sapping headwinds for however may miles before we hit it. Cheers for waiting up for me Mark:thumbsup:
The 'zipped jumper' is mine Louch, and I'll get it back at the next ride.
Many thanks for organising it Colin, and it's certainly one I would have a go at again in more moderate weather:smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Well Done guys :bravo: - sounds like you all had a 'Grand Day Out' ! :bicycle: + :cold: + :cursing: + :cry:

I had a wee doodle to Linlithgow late morning/ early afternoon and fairly flew back from Liligow to Embra - over 30kph avg - nice :smile:.

I was thinking of youse climbing Cleish (probably into the wind :rolleyes:) - and was glad I hadn't come along ^_^

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
The lady linesman in the man united Chelsea games giving Fernando Torres a row just reminded me of the assertive mother at the school telling off her Chelsea strip clad son.......

Reactions: GBC

Fubar

Guru
A great day out and great company as well, probably one of the best for entertainment, courtesy of Louch. The things that will stay in my memory, apart from the from someone's spectacular dismount in the car park, is the wind, and the most expensive bacon roll in the world:headshake:
Cleish Hill was certainly all it was cracked up to be, made worse, for me, by the energy sapping headwinds for however may miles before we hit it. Cheers for waiting up for me Mark:thumbsup:
The 'zipped jumper' is mine Louch, and I'll get it back at the next ride.
Many thanks for organising it Colin, and it's certainly one I would have a go at again in more moderate weather:smile:

You're totally welcome, nice to get a wee breather and a drink anyway - first time I've done Cleish without stopping at least once! Must have been bravado... ;)

Were there any photos taken? Other than that of Tug doing unnatural things to a cow and me being his guilty partner-in-crime?

I have some - the pic with the cow is better, so I was wasn't going to upload them,

but they do show happy CCs with cake.. so if you wish I'll upload them tomorrow.

CS

Top Bottom