CC Ecosse East

T d F or linlithgow?

• T d F

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Linthgow

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
TechMech said:

Nice one.
:birthday:xx(

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Soooo ... which shall it be, a repeat of the legendary Linlithgow outing or the TdF? There seems to be quite a bit of interest , let's get this sorted :biggrin:.

Now, who started this thread ... care to add a poll to it? Pretty please?

Here is a doodle poll to find a suitable date over the next few weeks, please vote now if you are intested in joining in!

Here we go, the 1st proper CC Ecosse social ride of the season :wahhey:

:smile::bicycle::smile:

TechMech

Telemark said:
Soooo ... which shall it be, a repeat of the legendary Linlithgow outing or the TdF? There seems to be quite a bit of interest , let's get this sorted :biggrin:.

Now, who started this thread ... care to add a poll to it? Pretty please?

Here is a doodle poll to find a suitable date over the next few weeks, please vote now if you are intested in joining in!

Here we go, the 1st proper CC Ecosse social ride of the season :wahhey:

:smile::bicycle::smile:

The thing is, that the original Linlithgow ride was shortened as many at that time (namely me) found the climbs a little too challenging. Might be nice to revisit it now though, and see how it compares :biggrin:

scook94

Veteran
TechMech said:
The thing is, that the original Linlithgow ride was shortened as many at that time (namely me) found the climbs a little too challenging. Might be nice to revisit it now though, and see how it compares :smile:

Missed the Linlithgow one last year and am not available for any of the dates on the Doodle, so I'll miss it again.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Just asked for the 9th.

Anyway, regardless, just tell me when and where and myself and the tank will be there (with me quite possibly not knowing what I'm getting myself into!).

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
TechMech said:
The thing is, that the original Linlithgow ride was shortened as many at that time (namely me) found the climbs a little too challenging. Might be nice to revisit it now though, and see how it compares :biggrin:

You didn't miss that much of a climb, would you like to do the navigation this time? All you need is a GPS and pair of sun glasses... :laugh:

scook94

Veteran
Actually I might be able to do the 9th, depends if we come straight up the road from Manchester after flying back from Paris or if we stop over at Carol's mothers...

I'll refrain from voting as I'm happy either way, and may not make it in any case.

joemaxi

I'm still a "newbie" but if my fitness continues to gradually increase I might be tempted to come along! My biggest concern would be holding all you atheletes up at my slowish pace!As I live in Falkirk, I wouldn't have to travel too far either. You coils always route it past my house in Grangemouth-got plenty of beer in the fridge!!

ACS

Legendary Member
joemaxi said:
I'm still a "newbie" but if my fitness continues to gradually increase I might be tempted to come along! My biggest concern would be holding all you atheletes up at my slowish pace!As I live in Falkirk, I wouldn't have to travel too far either. You coils always route it past my house in Grangemouth-got plenty of beer in the fridge!!

This is not an issue, no one get left behind. As the resident lantern rouge I have personal experience of this rule. :wacko:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
On a CC ride it doesn't matter what you ride, so long as you do. These are friendly social rides not club training rides, no one gets left behind, it is about having fun, not speed :wacko:

ACS

Legendary Member
joemaxi said:
On a sirrus elite?

I thought drops were the norm on these outings.....

Did my first CC ride on a Sirrus Sport I now ride a Tricross which is not the lightest bike on the planet. Fun before speed (phrase stolen from themightyw).

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
joemaxi said:
Don't worry, there is a cunning plan to rein in the faster cyclists.

They are told where we are going but not the actual route ... so they have to stop for everyone to catch up at each junction !

Simples *

... and HLaB always uses his GPS, so there is lots of re-routing :wacko:

Top Bottom