CC Ecosse - Island Adventure 4-Day Tour 2014 (or 10 go mad on Islay!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
:ohmy::laugh:....Mothers and their 'pearls of Wisdom''

mine used to say
You cannot go out to play
you've washed your hair - your pores are open
and you'll catch a cold''.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Really enjoyed reading about your first ever cycle tour.
Nothing but admiration for all of you, very well done.
I'm still at the, shall I ?, shan't I ? stage !
Thank you for sharing

Definitely do it, I probably over-planned but that's just my nature - just pick somewhere to go then decide if you like to know where you are sleeping, what you are eating and whether you want company! If on your own you could always do an overnighter not too far from home so if things go pear-shaped you can still get back.

Definitely do it, I probably over-planned but that's just my nature - just pick somewhere to go then decide if you like to know where you are sleeping, what you are eating and whether you want company! If on your own you could always do an overnighter not too far from home so if things go pear-shaped you can still get back.
Overplanning when there are people whose quality of trip is contingent upon your planning is not a bad thing - especially with so many ferry connections to make.
None of my tours have gone even remotely as smoothly as this one, but by now I think everyone realises that organisation is not a thing I do. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Overplanning when there are people whose quality of trip is contingent upon your planning is not a bad thing - especially with so many ferry connections to make.
None of my tours have gone even remotely as smoothly as this one, but by now I think everyone realises that organisation is not a thing I do. :biggrin:

You could do us a tour to Princes Street Gardens - plenty park benches there for overnight accommodation... :whistle:

You could do us a tour to Princes Street Gardens - plenty park benches there for overnight accommodation... :whistle:
Starting to wish I'd never told you about that now :boxing:

Some context: in my 2005 JoGLE I ran out of daylight in Exeter, my lights were insufficient to navigate the lanes of Devon and I couldn't get any accommodation. (I even went to the Exeter branch of the YMCA and they said "oh we don't actually do that" THANKS VILLAGE PEOPLE)

Cue a night of alternating between sleeping fitfully on park benches and cycling around town with the twin purpose of keeping warm and evading Mr. Policeman.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru

Some context: in my 2005 JoGLE I ran out of daylight in Exeter, my lights were insufficient to navigate the lanes of Devon and I couldn't get any accommodation. (I even went to the Exeter branch of the YMCA and they said "oh we don't actually do that" THANKS VILLAGE PEOPLE)

Cue a night of alternating between sleeping fitfully on park benches and cycling around town with the twin purpose of keeping warm and evading Mr. Policeman.

Be honest now, it wasn't hard enough cycling end to end so you just decided to make it that wee touch harder, didn't you?!?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste

Now you're sounding like an audax rider ! :bicycle: :wahhey:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Why sleep in a bus shelter anyway if you have a recumbent? Surely all you'd need would be a bivvy-style onesie with pedal cleats and you could sleep while you're cycling!
That's what recumbent trikes are for ! A large cycling cape to cover the tootsies and body, the Wee Willie Winkie hat (must have a bobble**, of course ^_^) on the head - and away you go ..... :tired:

**which is why this must only be worn at night ... :giggle:

Top Bottom