Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond CC Ecosse Islay 4-Day Tour 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Hi one and all, I have received confirmation back from SYHA of the provisional booking as follows:

Islay Booking.JPG

Unfortunately for the ladies they didn't have the triple room available for Lochranza so booked a Quad room with slight increase in costs (£80 for the room) - @Pat "5mph" @Ellebells and @Telemark (if coming) is that ok? Total cost: £202 /3 = £67.33 each.

@Edwardoka and @Gee_Dee you have Twin/Double rooms booked at a total cost of £140.

Everyone else: me, @MikeW-71 , @Harry_Palmer79 , @DougieAB , @Brandane , @mcshroom are booked into the Dorms, total cost: £342 /6 = £57 each (assuming my calcs are correct!).

Can everyone confirm they are happy with this arrangement please - I have a maximum of 28 days to pay the deposit but if everyone is happy with the above then as soon as @Telemark can confirm or otherwise I'll go ahead and pay the deposit.

Hope that all makes sense, let me know if any queries/obvious problems. Cheers, Mark

Brandane

Legendary Member
Well done Fubar, that sounds good. Staying in a dorm for the first time in 35 years could be interesting. I snore, and being of a certain age I will be visiting the loo at least twice for each pint consumed :blush:. Oh, and don't let me near a curry!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:sad: With regret, I need to remove myself from the 'maybe' list ...:cry:
We've just booked our summer holidays, which for various reasons (fitting in with family stuff and cost of flights) is now FOUR weeks long :wahhey::ohmy: ... This means that I won't be able to take another 2 days off in such close proximity to the holiday. So with a laughing and a crying eye, I better not hold up the booking any longer.... Sorry @Fubar, @Pat "5mph" and @Ellebells, I hope you can revise the ladies' accommodation from quadruple/triple to twins without too much hassle.

Nearer the time, I am hoping (being an optimist) that I MIGHT just be able to sneak off early on the Friday, catch a late afternoon ferry and head the short way round to Lochranza, if there are any spare beds left ... so I can buy @Fubar a drink for his troubles and deposit some cake ... could even head across to Kintyre the next day, see you onto the big ferry and pootle back on my lonesome.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

T

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
We've just booked our summer holidays, which for various reasons (fitting in with family stuff and cost of flights) is now FOUR weeks long :wahhey::ohmy: ... This means that I won't be able to take another 2 days off in such close proximity to the holiday. So with a laughing and a crying eye, I better not hold up the booking any longer.... Sorry @Fubar, @Pat "5mph" and @Ellebells, I hope you can revise the ladies' accommodation from quadruple/triple to twins without too much hassle.

Nearer the time, I am hoping (being an optimist) that I MIGHT just be able to sneak off early on the Friday, catch a late afternoon ferry and head the short way round to Lochranza, if there are any spare beds left ... so I can buy @Fubar a drink for his troubles and deposit some cake ... could even head across to Kintyre the next day, see you onto the big ferry and pootle back on my lonesome.

T

That's a real shame, hopefully you can make it for at least some of the trip.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

T
If you bring us cake, you can have my bed :biggrin:
We will miss you on this trip! :cry:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
To allow for any last minute change of heart\chickening out\lurking I'll extend the deadline for a couple more days, however unless I hear otherwise I will assume everyone is happy with the arrangements and will go ahead and pay the deposit.

DEADLINE: Wednesday 29 January 2014 (9am)

Top Bottom