CC Ecosse July Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jane Smart

The Queen
HI and first of all, glad to hear that Iris is doing so well that is great.

Telemark, I am still here, I log in occasionally but won't be doing this ride, as I can't drive to Longniddry. Next time there is a ride in my fairly close vicinity Perth/ Fife etc., I will definately be there, as I miss you all :tongue:

Been working hard ( for me ) on my bike lately. Hoping to do a 10 TT a week on Wednesday, so I am coming in from my bike rides, too knackered to log on here and post :wacko:

Noodley

I saw HLaB in Edinburgh about 4.20pm, he must have been going home from ths....I overtook him in my car then he caught up at a junction and headed off in the opposite direction.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland

Telemark, I am still here, I log in occasionally but won't be doing this ride, as I can't drive to Longniddry. Next time there is a ride in my fairly close vicinity Perth/ Fife etc., I will definately be there, as I miss you all :tongue:

Been working hard ( for me ) on my bike lately. Hoping to do a 10 TT a week on Wednesday, so I am coming in from my bike rides, too knackered to log on here and post :wacko:

You could always get a lift from Scook ...

Noodley

I was just coming back from a mates house in Leith about that time; we'd just watched the TdF.

Yes, I was coming from Leith as well, you passed me when I was sitting at junction going onto Barnton Avenue. I was going to roll down the window and give you shout but it was a bit busy and the driver turning into the junction had waved you on just as you drew level with me....you went right and I went left.

Yes, I was coming from Leith as well, you passed me when I was sitting at junction going onto Barnton Avenue. I was going to roll down the window and give you shout but it was a bit busy and the driver turning into the junction had waved you on just as you drew level with me....you went right and I went left.

B) I like that junction I get waved out quite often there.

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
You could always get a lift from Scook ...

Not sure where she'd put her bike though? Jane could always follow behind me in her car though....

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
It's not classified info! It was a bit of a poor show from me I'm afraid. It was 30+ºc and I didn't take that well enough into account; I set off at a blistering pace, following someone doing 25mph or so and whilst it was enjoyable, I was just burning valuable energy.

By the 60 mile mark, I had blown and it was a long slog home. I was really dehydrated and hadn't eaten enough either. 100miles is a LOT different to doing a 3hr 50mile Saturday morning ride!!!

I limped home and managed it in 6hrs 50mins, I was aiming for 6hrs so it's not a million miles away. I got back and felt completely wiped out; I immediately went for a shower and a sleep and felt better after an hour but it wasn't fun being in that state.

I'm just annoyed that I cocked it up! 100% my fault for getting a bit over-eager and blazing off at the start. Anyway, it's a good lesson learned and one that I won't repeat on my next 100miler at the Ken Laidlaw in August!
thumbsup.png

As for the important news, Iris' collarbone is healing well, she's doing without her sling now most of the time - it's only been two weeks since the accident; I bet racers wish the could mend that rapidly!!! She kept on asking for daddy while I was away so I don't want her to do the same this weekend, hence the apologies for my absence.

:bravo: Well, I'd say a 100 miler is a 100 miler ... congratulations! And in 30C ... I for one am well impressed ;)

Good news that Iris is healing fast - you'll have the pros knocking on your door next, asking what she has for breakfast :biggrin:

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...

Hi Jane, good to "see" you!

TTs, whatever next !!!!!!
Hope to meet up in person some time soon, a shame you can't make it tomorrow ...

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
12 hours to go :bicycle:

An updated list of definites & possibles:

Scook - on call permitting.
HLaB
Telemark
HJ (to the cafe & back)
HonestMan (will he mow the grass instead ? :ohmy: )
Coco?
Scoosh(ie)?
Sleekitcollie?

It'll be a select group (3-8?) ;) , and I'll be the slowcoach :blush: ;)

See you at 11 in Longniddry

T

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
Well I'm up, no call outs during the night so I should be there! How's the weather in Edinburgh? Still pretty damp here, but the forecast seems to suggest it'll be brightening up....

Top Bottom