CC Ecosse July Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
As I am recovering from illness, I might go with you as far as the turning before Gifford, then go to The Goblin or Love Coffee Love Food, and make sure there is a table or two reserved for when you lot come back through :whistle:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
As I am recovering from illness, I might go with you as far as the turning before Gifford, then go to The Goblin or Love Coffee Love Food, and make sure there is a table or two reserved for when you lot come back through :whistle:

there'll be nae cake left by the time everybody else returns after battling with the Redstone Rig! :ohmy: ;)

T

Seamab

It in the new CC Calendar :smile: details of the route are on the first page of this thread, we are doing the Longniddry loop :smile:

Thanks HLaB, saves a lot of time! I'll be in Edinburgh dropping of children on Sunday around 1pm - but looks like you lot will be long gone by then:sad:

PS Why can i see "Emoticons" in preview/reply mode but not when browsing? Still feeling my way round the new facelift...

DavieB

MIA
Is it a hard route? I reckon I could do 40 miles, done almost 30 already. Dont want to hold anyone up, on my daily route I manage 15mph average \9hills and then a good few traffic lights though. I do it alone but i reckon if there are others there I could be motivated to be faster. Im swaying on it atm.

And if the weathers sh*t I wont make it I dont have the kit.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Is it a hard route? I reckon I could do 40 miles, done almost 30 already. Dont want to hold anyone up, on my daily route I manage 15mph average \9hills and then a good few traffic lights though. I do it alone but i reckon if there are others there I could be motivated to be faster. Im swaying on it atm.

And if the weathers sh*t I wont make it I dont have the kit.

Most of it is easy, but there is one big hill (there is no disgrace in getting off and walking it). Don't worry about holding anyone up, on CC Ecosse rides no one gets left behind this is not like a club ride, it is about camaraderie not speed.

DavieB

MIA
Im sorry jimbhoy has mentioned a ride in Glasgow this weekend Id rather do that than drive through to longniddry, moneys a bit tight at the moment sorry.

Hopefully I can make the next one I do have every intention of coming along on a few of these.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
so we have ...

Scook - on call permitting.
HLaB
Telemark
HJ (to the cafe & back)
HonestMan (back from Croatia?)
Coco?
Scoosh(ie)?
Seamab? - free to join in from 1PM - any ideas how/where we could meet up somewhere along the way?
MajorMantra? - met him a few days ago, he may have to work on Sunday :sad:

Where is Jane these days, she hasn't said yay or nay (or anything much recently, now that I think about it!)

There will be cake available in Edinburgh after the ride for anybody who wants some before heading home ...

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Im sorry jimbhoy has mentioned a ride in Glasgow this weekend Id rather do that than drive through to longniddry, moneys a bit tight at the moment sorry.

Hopefully I can make the next one I do have every intention of coming along on a few of these.

Oi Jimbhoy - not just going AWOL but "stealing" potential recruits to CC Ecosse :ohmy: :stop: :boxing: :cycle::cry: ;)

Hope you have a nice ride too, guys!

T

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I'm once again sorry that I can't make it; I was away in Kent last weekend for my first 100miler and away from home for 4 days so it's not fair on my daughter to disappear again for another day! Here's hoping I can make the August ride!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I'm once again sorry that I can't make it; I was away in Kent last weekend for my first 100miler and away from home for 4 days so it's not fair on my daughter to disappear again for another day! Here's hoping I can make the August ride!

:sad: Sorry to miss you again, but wee girls are more important than cycling :rolleyes: . How is your daughter? Is the collar bone healing OK?

100 miler :hyper: ... are you allowed to talk about it, or do we have to wait until it's "in the public domain" ? :whistle:

T

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
:sad: Sorry to miss you again, but wee girls are more important than cycling :rolleyes: . How is your daughter? Is the collar bone healing OK?

100 miler :hyper: ... are you allowed to talk about it, or do we have to wait until it's "in the public domain" ? :whistle:

T

It's not classified info! It was a bit of a poor show from me I'm afraid. It was 30+ºc and I didn't take that well enough into account; I set off at a blistering pace, following someone doing 25mph or so and whilst it was enjoyable, I was just burning valuable energy.

By the 60 mile mark, I had blown and it was a long slog home. I was really dehydrated and hadn't eaten enough either. 100miles is a LOT different to doing a 3hr 50mile Saturday morning ride!!!

I limped home and managed it in 6hrs 50mins, I was aiming for 6hrs so it's not a million miles away. I got back and felt completely wiped out; I immediately went for a shower and a sleep and felt better after an hour but it wasn't fun being in that state.

I'm just annoyed that I cocked it up! 100% my fault for getting a bit over-eager and blazing off at the start. Anyway, it's a good lesson learned and one that I won't repeat on my next 100miler at the Ken Laidlaw in August!
thumbsup.png

As for the important news, Iris' collarbone is healing well, she's doing without her sling now most of the time - it's only been two weeks since the accident; I bet racers wish the could mend that rapidly!!! She kept on asking for daddy while I was away so I don't want her to do the same this weekend, hence the apologies for my absence.

Top Bottom