CC Ecosse July Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
bright and breezy here, forecast (Metoffice) says dry in Edinburgh, light showers possible further east (Dunbar) ... wind starting off SSW, turning (or should that be backing?) to W later.

See you soon,

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
That was fun! A select team (Scook, Sleekitcollie, HLaB, HJ and I) met at Longniddry station, it was sunny, quite warm & dry, and just a wee bit breezy (15 mph). We ambled along very quiet country lanes to Gifford, catching up with each other. At Gifford HJ was quite tired and we decided it would be sensible to turn round, rather than attempting the big climb of the day over the Lammermuir Hills. This was his longest ride for the last month or so, he is only just recovering from a bad case of summer flu. So he and I went to the lovely cafe for refreshments, while the others set off to tackle the infamous Redstone Rig (21%?). HJ and I timed our return to the station for the hourly train perfectly, with 10 minutes to wait, and got chatting to another couple with bikes. Later on HLaB dropped in on his way home and helped us dispose of most of a gooseberry tart.

A mere 23 miles for us, but it can only get better, now that HJ is back on the bike :wahhey:.
Roll on the next one :smile: ...

T

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Good to see you all there, sorry I couldn't make it past Gifford, but that is the longest ride I have done since I went down with flu a month ago. Hope you all enjoyed Redstone Rig :evil:

Thanks again for the gooseberry tart :tongue:

I've just downloaded the Garmin this is the route we took.
I got home at just after 6:50pm, just in time to see the Tour de France Highlights B)

Before the ride I met this lovely lot, ping Hilldoger :smile:

I think Redstone Rigg was where I opened a Granola cereal bar, then suddenly thought I'd better hold the bars (thats always a good idea); then at the bottom I thought I'd better get rid, not wanting to litter and not being one too waste, the whole two bars got stuffed in my mouth, bad mistake, cycling up that hill without breathing ain't a good idea :laugh:

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
That was a blast today! First time in nearly 2 weeks since I'd been on the bike (other than a spin bike!) and boy had I missed it! Weather turned out fantastic if a bit breezy, I'd come equipped for the rain but I ended up topping up my cyclists tan!

Redstone Rigg was immense fun! So, many thanks to TM for suggesting that route! (I'm not sure Sleekitcollie would agree though! ;)

sleekitcollie

Hi yes great route but I really struggled on the big climb . Had to get off and walk at the steepest bit :sad: .and struggled with the head wind as well . I've not done a lot on the bike last 2 or 3 weeks and it told . But it was a superb route great roads . Thanks 4 the company .

Hi yes great route but I really struggled on the big climb . Had to get off and walk at the steepest bit :sad: .and struggled with the head wind as well . I've not done a lot on the bike last 2 or 3 weeks and it told . But it was a superb route great roads . Thanks 4 the company .

Shoosh, we told you nobody saw that, the official line: you made it up all the hills fine B)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
That was a blast today! First time in nearly 2 weeks since I'd been on the bike (other than a spin bike!) and boy had I missed it! Weather turned out fantastic if a bit breezy, I'd come equipped for the rain but I ended up topping up my cyclists tan!

Redstone Rigg was immense fun! So, many thanks to TM for suggesting that route! (I'm not sure Sleekitcollie would agree though! ;)

;) Glad you enjoyed it, I thought I better not abandon the one I promised to be nice to "in sickness and in health" ... the views from the top must have been pretty good, too!
If it's any consolation to Sleekitcollie, we haven't (yet) managed to get to the top without walking at least a few steps :blush: , and the wind would have been pretty fierce and in your face! Unfinished business, and, in the words of an infamous countryman of mine :huh:, "I'll be back" :tongue: .

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
forgot to say ... what's next for CC Ecosse? We need an August ride (or another one in July?) ... PfC and PfS are a long way away!

:bicycle:

T

Top Bottom