Scotland : The Highlands CC Ecosse Lochs and Glens Tour #CONFIRMED#

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Really wish I could join you guys, sadly summer time is going to be tight for money and time :cry:

If it pans out the way I hope I/we will be cycling direct from Dunfermline, so you could always join us for the first day and peel off and/or stay over 1 night and cycle back - just a thought.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
At the moment I am favouring the weekend of 14-17 August which, coincidentally is the same weekend as last years' Islay Tour! Not sure if that is a good omen or not...

The other alternative would have to be mid-September, which has it's merits (avoids other hols, outwith school hols season, maybe less midges, costs will probably be lower, weather generally ok) but that might be leaving it a bit late.

Of those that expressed an interest @Pat "5mph" @Edwardoka @Harry_Palmer79 @mcshroom @Telemark - how does that weekend float your boat, or thoughts on a September tour? Anyone else: @Scoosh @DougieAB @Brandane @MikeW-71 ???

DougieAB

Getting the messages
Normally go away on holiday early July so August/September would be fine with me.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Ok, so 14-17 August is the provisional date! @Pat "5mph" can you contact any Belles that might be interested and let me know (stressing the distance and elevation, just in case they think it's a wee pootle!) please? Then I'll start looking at accommodation, costs, etc.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
(stressing the distance and elevation, just in case they think it's a wee pootle!)
Are you still going with the 50/60 mile days? Not the 100? :smile:
How hilly? All days are like Arran?
Ok, ok, I'm away to look at your links in the op, didn't want to in case I scare myself :laugh:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Ok, ok, I'm away to look at your links in the op, didn't want to in case I scare myself :laugh:

100kms (62 miles) max days which, over say 7-8 hours is plenty - like a day round Arran really, 4 days in a row. I just don't want anyone thinking it is a pootle in the park - and that's @Edwardoka 's link...

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru

I think it's safe to say the cycling will be harder than Islay, but doable. And no ferries to catch!

Top Bottom