CC Ecosse Pedal for Cake Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I'll have a think about some routes in the West if you like.

I like! :biggrin:

T

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
For what is worth, I think the Pedal of Cake 100 is a good idea, but to work it really needs to be held in the summer when the days are longer. Eating cake always takes longer than you think it will....

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
All - sorry I didn't make it along as intended. As I've explained to Magnatom, I completely forgot it was at the weekend - my recent bed-bugs adventure has left me rather tired & not quite with it (going to bed and getting a full night's sleep has not been easy recently), and I didn't do my already-dodgy back many favours when packing and lifting lots of very heavy crates in a frantic & non-stop 16hr packing marathon. So, even if I had remembered I may have had to pull out through lack of physical & mental fitness.

Next time though. I was just saying it's over a year since I last rode with many of you (and just short of a year since I did a stage of LEJOG with workmates), so I'm missing the cycling company.

On the plus side, I once again managed to avoid any direct or indirect damage caused by collisions with Magnatom or items of street furniture he clips... :-D

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
From the PfS 2010 thread:

I spent 4 hours taking photos just outside Kirkliston (I was the guy jumping out of the bushes at the top of the hill past the railway bridge). Managed to photograph about a third of all the participants (basically if you got to Kirkliston by 1:40 I probably photographed you) but my arms were hanging off me by the end - a camera is surprisingly heavy to hold up for all that time!

Have a look at my website (PhotoForMyWall.com) if you want to see if I took your pic. JimG I can't see your number in the right folder, you might want to try the unreadable bibs gallery.

I guess if I rode in this next year I would be one of the newbie numpties, but it did look fun, everyone was smiling (or clenching their teeth). How do you suggest i get into this? I have a hybrid bike but it looks awfully heavy compared to some of the more pro guys that went whizzing along and 've not cycled more than about 5 miles in years!

Andy
As these photos were taken on Seamab/Magnaton/HLaB's favourite hill - look closely and you might see the blood on the road and bushes .... :dry:.

You'll need to check all the photos, mind ;).

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
From the PfS 2010 thread:

As these photos were taken on Seamab/Magnaton/HLaB's favourite hill - look closely and you might see the blood on the road and bushes ....

The sight of the blood was obviously too much for PfS as they've ordered the photographer to remove ALL his photos!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

:biggrin:

I'll tell you what though this road rash is taking a while to heal. The rash on the shoulder arm and lower leg are fine, but the road rash on my upper leg is bl**dy sore if touched and is taking ages to heal (though it is healing). I've learnt my lesson........oh wait a minute....I was the innocent part in this....:rolleyes:

On a brighter note, the lemon cake that was meant for PfC will shortly be coming out the freezer for consumption! :biggrin:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I'll tell you what though this road rash is taking a while to heal. The rash on the shoulder arm and lower leg are fine, but the road rash on my upper leg is bl**dy sore if touched and is taking ages to heal (though it is healing). I've learnt my lesson........oh wait a minute....I was the innocent part in this....:rolleyes:

For once... :laugh:

On a brighter note, the lemon cake that was meant for PfC will shortly be coming out the freezer for consumption! :biggrin:

:tongue: :hungry:

We can't really complain about being cake-less, just finishing the last of the ginger cake ... :mrpig: :mrpig:

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
There was some left :ohmy: I should of had anothe peice. I had another peice of your excellent carrot cake instead, I do like your icing :tongue:

I may HAVE to make some more this weekend :wacko: , too many courgettes to eat :ohmy: . If you are cycling in the area, send us a text and pop in if we are home?

:bicycle: (one reason not to broadcast one's address on a public forum ;) )

T

Seamab

:biggrin:

The bad news is that road rash can take a few weeks to heal. At least mine did after an off on the ice last winter.

I'm still sharing the pain and suffering from sore ribs. I can still cycle but getting out the saddle is painful. No plans for any more bike :boxing: for a long time.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
The bad news is that road rash can take a few weeks to heal. At least mine did after an off on the ice last winter.

I'm still sharing the pain and suffering from sore ribs. I can still cycle but getting out the saddle is painful. No plans for any more bike :boxing: for a long time.
No 3 Glens Exploration for you, then
sad.gif
?

Have you had the ribs checked out by a Dr ? Could it be more than 'just'
icon_smile_sad.gif
bruising ??? After all, if HJ can ride around with broken ribs .....

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
No 3 Glens Exploration for you, then
sad.gif
?

Have you had the ribs checked out by a Dr ? Could it be more than 'just'
icon_smile_sad.gif
bruising ??? After all, if HJ can ride around with broken ribs .....

HJ had 2 cracked ribs, none broken ... it still took 6 weeks before he stopped going "oww" :whistle: .

Hope yours aren't cracked and that you feel better soon, Seamab. A doc probably won't do anything other than prescribe pain killers, but you may still want him/her to have a look.

T

HJ had 2 cracked ribs, none broken ... it still took 6 weeks before he stopped going "oww" :whistle: .

Hope yours aren't cracked and that you feel better soon, Seamab. A doc probably won't do anything other than prescribe pain killers, but you may still want him/her to have a look.

T

They say a clean break is better than a crack :wacko: .

Get it checked out Seamab, I'm not very good at taking my own advice though :whistle: . About October last year somebody came into me (assumed I'd wobble right, so when I stayed left went straight into me) I didn't think much of it at the time but it was the start of January before it stopped aching and it was several more months before it felt good again. Ironically Saturday was a good test for it, it felt no reaction to the tumble.

Top Bottom