Are you coming

• Yes

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

Just for you, Col.

c8d0G.png

Total distance? Just under a mile. 0.8 to be exact.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Thanks, I just wanted to know how far people getting the train had to go, i'll most likely take the car up as the train takes too long from Dunfermline :cry:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Not sure yet whether I can make it ... will have to decide nearer the time.
I can confirm that this is indeed a great route, just the right mix of ups/downs/flats, great views, mostly empty wee roads, and goodfood stops - apart from the apparent severe lack of cakes along the route :ohmy:. I might have to bring some to share, if I can make the date (and if there are still bike spaces available by the time I can commit)

T

P.S. Mcshroom ... you are mad (in a nice way :cheers:)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I wont be there unfortunately but the only Train in Scotland I've been refused on with a bike, was the Sunday Perth train (1 every 2 hours), so booking is a good idea or you can cycle up ;)

:hello: Hi HLaB, long time no see! Is that a job move I detect, with your new location? How are the roads down there (apart from flat)? Some bits of countryside are meant to be very nice not too far away...

The Perth trains have improved a bit - a few years ago there was a very long period of closure of the direct route from Edinburgh to Perth, via Fife, and all trains seemed to go via Stirling ... now there are a few more options, thanksfully! But still a good idea to book ahead for travel outwith the Central Belt, the Edinburgh-Inverness line is one of the worst for not having enough bike spaces to meet the obvious demand.

T

:hello: Hi HLaB, long time no see! Is that a job move I detect, with your new location? How are the roads down there (apart from flat)? Some bits of countryside are meant to be very nice not too far away...

The Perth trains have improved a bit - a few years ago there was a very long period of closure of the direct route from Edinburgh to Perth, via Fife, and all trains seemed to go via Stirling ... now there are a few more options, thanksfully! But still a good idea to book ahead for travel outwith the Cenhttp://app.strava.com/rides/14546961tral Belt, the Edinburgh-Inverness line is one of the worst for not having enough bike spaces to meet the obvious demand.

T
:hello: Yip, I'm down south just now. I have an interview up north but I'm seriously thinking on passing it up and giving Peterborough a chance. I managed to get out of the City tonight and actually found a hill, well it seemed like that on the 13kg SS ;)

TechMech

:hello: Yip, I'm down south just now. I have an interview up north but I'm seriously thinking on passing it up and giving Peterborough a chance. I managed to get out of the City tonight and actually found a hill, well it seemed like that on the 13kg SS ;)

What SS do you have mate? That seems very heavy...

EDIT: Actually I see her pic in the SS section of the forums :-)

What SS do you have mate? That seems very heavy...

EDIT: Actually I see her pic in the SS section of the forums :-)
You might have guessed from the pics, its a cheap Viking Road FX/SS, its a weighty steel beast but fun (the 53cm is 13kg so the 56cm is probably a tad heavier) and (not that I want it to be) its something I can park about town without worrying too much about it being stolen.

D

Deleted member 20519

Do you lock the bike up when it's on the train?

Top Bottom