Are you coming

• Yes

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Nope they don't let you in case of an emergency but there's straps on the racks usually on the First Scotrail train, just make sure you get a seat where you can see it; on the Glasgow Sururban trains you just have to stand and hold it.

good reason for that, them weegies are thiefs:ph34r:

Hawk

Veteran
Nope they don't let you in case of an emergency but there's straps on the racks usually on the First Scotrail train, just make sure you get a seat where you can see it; on the Glasgow Sururban trains you just have to stand and hold it.

That's good, that they've thought it through - if the train's on fire I will be able to grab my precious bike and get it off quickly instead of having to faff around with keys first ^_^

Rasmus

Without a clever title
So, the suggestion from scoosh was to do the route in reverse for this one, to make it a bit more interesting for repeat riders.

The long term forecast is currently showing equally glorious weather.

D

Deleted member 20519

Fitted an SIS derailleur from another bike, going to play about with it for the next few days and if I can get it working, it's a big maybe.

Hawk

Veteran
Fitted an SIS derailleur from another bike, going to play about with it for the next few days and if I can get it working, it's a big maybe.

Just don't force any gear changes (especially to bigger (easier) gears). I did this inadvertently on an "experimental" set up to have my whole derailleur come off and fly all in to my spokes :ohmy:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
HJ and I might be able to make it :hyper:
Will know more tomorrow evening ...

Who's on for this one?
TechMech :hello: - it's been ages!
Snorri :hello: - how many hours on the train?
dhd.evans
Tug Benson
Col (likely)
Rasmus (likely)
jazloc (maybe)
HJ (maybe)
Telemark (maybe)

Anybody else?

T (fingers crossed)

D

Deleted member 20519

HJ and I might be able to make it :hyper:
Will know more tomorrow evening ...

Who's on for this one?
TechMech :hello: - it's been ages!
Snorri :hello: - how many hours on the train?
dhd.evans
Tug Benson
Col (likely)
Rasmus (likely)
jazloc (maybe)
HJ (maybe)
Telemark (maybe)

Anybody else?

T (fingers crossed)

Looks like I won't be making it, need a new bike. Hope you enjoy the ride and that you have the same great weather as last time! :biggrin:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
It looks like the weather will be good for this ride, I hope somebody knows the route well

Top Bottom