Scotland : Perthshire CC Ecosse Perth Ride - Sat 3rd August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scook94

Veteran
Also, @Louch WTF was that all about? Rule #27 :laugh:

Rule 5 was not needed much yesterday. Plenty of people pushing past the HTFU barrier, with many people registering tons or otherwise above-their-usual efforts.

I can't include myself in that list as I broke my ton duck 9 years ago, have lost count of the number I've done (at least 20) and was nevertheless suffering towards the end!

DonnaHegarty

A huge thank you for organising this ride and letting us Belles join you on it. The headwind on the way up to little glen shee was certainly a big learning curve for me as it really had me struggling, which in reality turned out to be mainly a fuel issue. Us girls like our lunch :smile: Thankfully with the much needed encouragement of some great CC guys and some fantastic gingerbread cake we finally cheered up and remembered we can actually cycle and just got on with it. The route was fantastic and I loved how long we could go without seeing cars. Great to meet you all and thank you for the cycle tips and support along the way. can we do it all again without the headwind this time ;)

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
When cc rides mirror what I hear of club runs then I won't be back . The , pardon my French, clusterfark of incidents are part of the enjoyment for me . I have suffered cold and twice the distance in loch leven, the power of pedal on parliaments convergence of the masses, the absolute joy of Arran bookended with Ross's dramatic off, to then Saturdays fun with mix of weather , seeing and encouraging people looking like I did on my first run, the team mentality getting everyone through, to me Holding up the fife party on our return.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone at some point in the future :smile:

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
1149045_10153091674745075_1112788160_n.jpg

When cc rides mirror what I hear of club runs then I won't be back . The , pardon my French, clusterf*** of incidents are part of the enjoyment for me . I have suffered cold and twice the distance in loch leven, the power of pedal on parliaments convergence of the masses, the absolute joy of Arran bookended with Ross's dramatic off, to then Saturdays fun with mix of weather , seeing and encouraging people looking like I did on my first run, the team mentality getting everyone through, to me Holding up the fife party on our return.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone at some point in the future :smile:

There was a real camaraderie the first time I went on a CC Ecosse ride (back in January :cold:) and I was made to feel very welcome by everyone. The CC Ecosse rides are very much the highlight of my cycling calendar.

Mirroring what @Louch said above, I tend to find that my most enjoyable and memorable experiences, whether on the bike, or hillwalking, or geocaching, or whatever, come from misadventure, getting yourself into situations that, at the time, aren't that pleasant, but which you can look back on with a sense of pride that you were able to tough it out. (One time I was halfway up Beinn Dorain as night fell, and once I got back down in failing light, I then had to walk 3 miles in the pitch black to find accommodation. That was fun... although the less said about what happened when @Gee_Dee and I climbed Beinn Ruadh, the better :blush:)

Pedestrian jaunts for the sake of pedestrian jaunts, while diverting enough, don't, on their own, provide a sense of camaraderie or adventure. Saturday's ride did provide this, because there were people of widely differing abilities, and although some were suffering more than others - everyone got through it. I think that if we tried to make it more formal and organised with designated group leaders, something intangible would be lost.

See you all next month! :bicycle:

Fubar

Guru
There was a real camaraderie the first time I went on a CC Ecosse ride (back in January :cold:) and I was made to feel very welcome by everyone. The CC Ecosse rides are very much the highlight of my cycling calendar.

Mirroring what @Louch said above, I tend to find that my most enjoyable and memorable experiences, whether on the bike, or hillwalking, or geocaching, or whatever, come from misadventure, getting yourself into situations that, at the time, aren't that pleasant, but which you can look back on with a sense of pride that you were able to tough it out. (One time I was halfway up Beinn Dorain as night fell, and once I got back down in failing light, I then had to walk 3 miles in the pitch black to find accommodation. That was fun... although the less said about what happened when @Gee_Dee and I climbed Beinn Ruadh, the better :blush:)

Pedestrian jaunts for the sake of pedestrian jaunts, while diverting enough, don't, on their own, provide a sense of camaraderie or adventure. Saturday's ride did provide this, because there were people of widely differing abilities, and although some were suffering more than others - everyone got through it. I think that if we tried to make it more formal and organised with designated group leaders, something intangible would be lost.

See you all next month! :bicycle:

A well constructed and eloquent summing up of the collective feeling I've had from every CC Ecosse ride I've been on, whether it's been with 5 or 25. Though my wife is starting to wonder what it is I'm away doing for 12 hours that knackers me so...:sweat:

Fubar

Guru
A huge thank you for organising this ride and letting us Belles join you on it. The headwind on the way up to little glen shee was certainly a big learning curve for me as it really had me struggling, which in reality turned out to be mainly a fuel issue. Us girls like our lunch :smile: Thankfully with the much needed encouragement of some great CC guys and some fantastic gingerbread cake we finally cheered up and remembered we can actually cycle and just got on with it. The route was fantastic and I loved how long we could go without seeing cars. Great to meet you all and thank you for the cycle tips and support along the way. can we do it all again without the headwind this time ;)

I remember a year ago it was me struggling up Little Glenshee at the back of the group and I was last one up the hill after the ford with @Scoosh roaring me to the imaginary finish line at top - a ride which I almost didn't attend 'cos I didn't feel fit enough. Everyone did brilliant and I reckon many of the Belles pushed themselves to and beyond what they previously thought themselves capable. So next year I expect you'll be cycling up from Cumbernauld!

Top Bottom