Scotland : Perthshire CC Ecosse Perth Ride - Sat 3rd August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
I'm gonna throw this in here :smile:

I've not been cycling seriously all that long, but I have done 3 Sportives this year. On two of them, I have ended up riding around by myself in a no-mans land between the club riders and the amblers.

On the other one I met up with Clockhammer (to be accurate, I tried for 25 miles to catch him up :laugh: ) and we completed it together. That one was the best. He invited me to the Arran ride, where I had such a good time that I'm in no hurry to do any other Sportives. The guys made me feel welcome (yes, even an Englishman!) and it turned out to be exactly the kind of ride I was looking for, and long may they continue!

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I'm gonna throw this in here :smile:

I've not been cycling seriously all that long, but I have done 3 Sportives this year. On two of them, I have ended up riding around by myself in a no-mans land between the club riders and the amblers.

On the other one I met up with Clockhammer (to be accurate, I tried for 25 miles to catch him up :laugh: ) and we completed it together. That one was the best. He invited me to the Arran ride, where I had such a good time that I'm in no hurry to do any other Sportives. The guys made me feel welcome (yes, even an Englishman!) and it turned out to be exactly the kind of ride I was looking for, and long may they continue!

I think your videos made my love for Arran even more real.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
another thing I will add on to Mikes post. is that the only problem I find on the rides is not getting a chance to talk to everyone when out. I am terrible with names, and can often be overheard re asking or asking Colin or Ed what someones name is after I have spent 10 mins chatting with them. I have every intention of being at as many CC rides as I can, as really are the most fun place to ride as a group.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
There have been CC rides recently when 3 of us turned up so 25 odd is a lot to deal with, and its easy to be critical the day AFTER an event - I'm sure we could do it better next time, but its not as if everyone paid £60 for organisation, feed stations, broomwagons, etc.

Everyone appreciates the rides being posted @Col5632 for getting us out there, if they are not happy - post their own and organise it their way!

Keep the faith, brother.

I don't think people are being seriously critical (at least I hope what I wrote didn't come across as such). The way I see it, we all want to keep going out riding as a group of random people, with as few rules as possible and informal. The existing ones definitely work :thumbsup:
* Nobody will be left behind (intentionally anyway :evil: ) &
* There will be CAKE :hungry:
There are various ideas popping up as to how we can keep it working, as this really was a very much larger number than the usual handful to a dozen people. It's part of a general trend in increasing numbers of cyclists, which in my book is brilliant, and a sign that we must be doing something right.:highfive:

Looking forward to seeing you all again over the next few weeks ...:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

T

another thing I will add on to Mikes post. is that the only problem I find on the rides is not getting a chance to talk to everyone when out. I am terrible with names, and can often be overheard re asking or asking Colin or Ed what someones name is after I have spent 10 mins chatting with them. I have every intention of being at as many CC rides as I can, as really are the most fun place to ride as a group.

Who are you again? ;)

Fubar

Guru
I don't think people are being seriously critical (at least I hope what I wrote didn't come across as such). The way I see it, we all want to keep going out riding as a group of random people, with as few rules as possible and informal. The existing ones definitely work :thumbsup:
* Nobody will be left behind (intentionally anyway :evil: ) &
* There will be CAKE :hungry:
There are various ideas popping up as to how we can keep it working, as this really was a very much larger number than the usual handful to a dozen people. It's part of a general trend in increasing numbers of cyclists, which in my book is brilliant, and a sign that we must be doing something right.:highfive:

Looking forward to seeing you all again over the next few weeks ...:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

T

It was a coincidence I wrote that in reply to your post - it was the people NOT ON THE RIDE making comments that p*ssed me off! Definitely not aimed at you :smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Talking to someone today, who had been following this thread but was struggling to find out the required information, with (in their opinion) far too many 'I'm doing this sportive the day before/after'; 'did this strava segment yesterday' etc (you get the gist :rolleyes: ) posts in a thread about the Perth CC Ecosse bike ride.

Could I ask for a little restraint for future CC Ecosse Forum Ride threads ?
Once they are posted, please keep your posts to 'yes, I can come'/ Sorry, previous engagement/ Oh No! Family crisis, have to drop out; Distraught/ etc. - ie direct responses as to your availability/ excitement/ how much CAKE :hungry: you are bringing/going to eat, bike and equipment issues etc.

Please also remember that:
  • if you want to suggest an alternative ride, start a new thread or PM the originator with your ideas - best not to bring conflict and/or indecision :unsure: to the ride thread
  • weather forecasts over 3 days ahead are mainly guesswork :ohmy:; they have been known to change :giggle:
  • details of your strava sprints, climbs etc may be of great interest to some; only NOT in a ride thread :angry:
  • personal arrangements for travel are just that - personal Please use the Conversation (PM) button in the Inbox drop-down menu to arrange your details
  • if exchanging personal information (email address, phone number) use the Conversation button - posts on your Profile Page are public can be seen by everyone, even unregistered visitors to CC :ohmy:
I'm not wanting to curtail our enthusiasm and buzz about the rides. I'd just like to keep things a bit more On Topic. :thumbsup:
DISCLAIMER: I am not trying nor wishing to p*** off anyone, nor put a damper on the threads - but 25 pages before we even started riding ... :eek:

Reactions: GBC
Top Bottom