CC Ecosse ride October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
put my dates in but what about a route? I'll cycle anywhere and if possible try to cycle to the rv and back too
thumbsup.png

One thing I will guarantee is that I will not be riding to the rendez-vous or back from it :biggrin:

HonestMan1910

Über Member
i promise to try and not fall off :blush:

My turn to drive ??

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Now we just need a route suggestion or two :reading: ...
For what its' worth, I'd like to call for a short-ish social ride (40-60k/25-35 miles), with not too many hills, so the masses of new CC members dare to come and join us! "CC Ecosse Challenge rides" can be arranged separately ;)

For those who have never been on a CC Ecosse ride, we start at or near railway stations, so those without cars can join in too. Our motto is "nobody gets left behind", we ride at a pace all can keep up, and the mountain goats will wait at the top of any hills (or can ride it twice :tongue: ). There is normally at least one cafe stop :tongue: :cheers: :hungry: , either in the middle or at the end, sometimes both, to make sure the CHAT part of CycleChat gets its fair share!

Edit: Not all of us have proper road bikes, so no excuses :laugh:

T

How about the same ride as last October, Longniddry to Gifford loop :?:

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
How about the same ride as last October, Longniddry to Gifford loop :?:

One of my favourite rides :wub: . I'd be very happy to head out that way ...
But I was thinking of looking at another option or two and then suggesting them on here, to see what people think. Unless that's causing too many pages of discussions for some people to cope with :tongue: ?
Falkirk/Linlithgow stations come to mind, being a bit less east-biased :whistle:, especially with Mcshroom thinking of travelling all the way from Cumbria - one less change of trains :tired: .

I'll go away and come back later with a couple of route maps :reading: :hello:

T

edindave

Über Member
Nice one T for kicking off another meet; I'd been hoping for one to happen in Oct.
Although I am an 'eastie' I like the idea of a Linlithgow/Falkirk start - might even ride there or back from Edinburgh. The Gifford loop sounds good too though!
Am looking forward to my 2nd meet :smile:
Cheers!
D

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Route suggestions:

1) Falkirk High Station - Allandale - Falkirk Wheel (Cake/lunch stop) - Falkirk Station 36 km & 260 m total climbing - see map here

2) Longniddry Station - Gifford (cake/early lunch top) - Longnewton - Longniddry Station 43 km & 300 m total climbing - map here (many variations possible)

Any comments or other suggestions?

Sat 9th & Sat 23rd look promising on the doodle poll - 6 out of 7 voters can make those days (only a certain person will be either on call :cry: or in Hawaii :rolleyes: ) ... and I think Eldudino said he couldn't make the 9th/10th :sad:

Only "old timers" (attendees of previous CC Ecosse rides :whistle: ) so far ... come on, newbies!

:bicycle:

T

MrRidley

Route suggestions:

1) Falkirk High Station - Allandale - Falkirk Wheel (Cake/lunch stop) - Falkirk Station 36 km & 260 m total climbing - see map here

2) Longniddry Station - Gifford (cake/early lunch top) - Longnewton - Longniddry Station 43 km & 300 m total climbing - map here (many variations possible)

Any comments or other suggestions?

Sat 9th & Sat 23rd look promising on the doodle poll - 6 out of 7 voters can make those days (only a certain person will be either on call :cry: or in Hawaii :rolleyes: ) ... and I think Eldudino said he couldn't make the 9th/10th :sad:

Only "old timers" (attendees of previous CC Ecosse rides :whistle: ) so far ... come on, newbies!

:bicycle:

T

Watch out for the times at the Gifford cafe i arrived just about 3pm yesterday and it was closed :angry:

aberal

Guru
I'd like to come along too, put my name down.
thumbsup.png
I can make either of those locations - both would be good, but could only manage the 23rd.

ACS

Legendary Member
I'm lurking on this. I am hoping to make an appearance, to reclaim my right position as the lantern rouge, but will not be able fully commit until the last moment. Sorry but lots of commitments on the family front and spare time is at bit of a premium at present.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Watch out for the times at the Gifford cafe i arrived just about 3pm yesterday and it was closed :angry:
Aye, we arrived just after 1500 and it was closed but if we called in advance and said XX many hungry
glutton.gif
cyclists :bicycle: were coming - they might even make a special cake for us
thumbsup.png

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I'd like to come along too, put my name down.
thumbsup.png
I can make either of those locations - both would be good, but could only manage the 23rd.

:hello:

That's strange, on a Saturday afternoon? At least we know that there are a couple of pubs + a 7-days Coop in Gifford, so we wouldn't starve or die of thirst ;)

I'm lurking on this. I am hoping to make an appearance, to reclaim my right position as the lantern rouge, but will not be able fully commit until the last moment. Sorry but lots of commitments on the family front and spare time is at bit of a premium at present.

Have't seen you in ages - hope you can make it! :hello: In your absence we have been competing for the lanterne rouge position, so you will have a fight on your hands :boxing: .

im lurking here as well to see when i get back to work ( thus allowed back on bike ;) ) :rolleyes:

Honest Man . will i be allowed to drive again :blush:

Have you been signed off work for another wee while? Weren't you looking forward to doing some gym biking last week? Fingers crossed ...

Aye, we arrived just after 1500 and it was closed but if we called in advance and said XX many hungry
glutton.gif
cyclists :bicycle: were coming - they might even make a special cake for us
thumbsup.png

Ah ... were the two of you off on a special CC challenge ride, or was this part of another crazy x00 k audax adventure? :sun: nice weather for it!

From the doodle poll, the 23rd is now a clear favourite, with 8 cyclists, followed by the 9th with 6.
We COULD just say we'll do 2 rides ...:whistle:

* East Lothian on the 9th - meeting @ Longniddry train station just before 11
* Falkirk on the 23rd (as Eldud can only do that day and only if it's Falkirk, and to give Mcshroom the option of a shorter train ride ;-)

or would that be completely crazy and addictive behaviour :blush: ?

T

Attachments

• thumbsup.png
    thumbsup.png
    447 bytes · Views: 36

Andy Richards

Hi.. Ive been reading the CC Ecosse rides for a while now and since there is a chance I might make this one I just thought I would post up !

Ive cycled most of the roads in that Falkirk loop and am just wondering if its a clockwise or anticlockwise route ! From the Station up to Shieldhill is fairly steep in places ! Its a quiet road though so there is room to weave from side to side. Not that I would of course :whistle:
As I said I hope to make it out this time whatever route / date is chosen.

Andy

sleekitcollie

:hello:

Have you been signed off work for another wee while? Weren't you looking forward to doing some gym biking last week? Fingers crossed ...

T

yes another week :angry: got to be nearly 100% strength in sholder for doc to sign me back to work , at the moment its still painfull moving to much and strength is very poor still so need to work on strength " little & often "doc said
i went to the gym a cpl times last week omly on excersise bike , will do the same again this week
hope to see u all soon

Top Bottom