CC Ecosse ride October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GAVSTER

:hello:

From the doodle poll, the 23rd is now a clear favourite, with 8 cyclists, followed by the 9th with 6.
We COULD just say we'll do 2 rides ...:whistle:

* East Lothian on the 9th - meeting @ Longniddry train station just before 11
* Falkirk on the 23rd (as Eldud can only do that day and only if it's Falkirk, and to give Mcshroom the option of a shorter train ride ;-)

or would that be completely crazy and addictive behaviour :blush: ?

T

I am off work on both 9 and 23. Falkirk is closer for me but can get to Longniddry. I would be happy to do both :-)

Weather is looking okay for this Saturday too.

GAVSTER

:hello:

From the doodle poll, the 23rd is now a clear favourite, with 8 cyclists, followed by the 9th with 6.

* Falkirk on the 23rd (as Eldud can only do that day and only if it's Falkirk, and to give Mcshroom the option of a shorter train ride ;-)

T

I am off work on both 9 and 23. Falkirk is closer for me but can get to Longniddry. I would be happy to do both :-)

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I think twice in a month (and a YACF night ride) would be pushing it a bit so I'll see you on the 23rd.

I can make it to Falkirk High Station by 10:02 if you are looking at times for the ride :smile:

MrRidley

Ah ... were the two of you off on a special CC challenge ride, or was this part of another crazy x00 k audax adventure? :sun: nice weather for it!

T
[/quote]

No, just two guy's trying not to look to unfit going up Redstone Rig with a strong wind blowing in our faces :cursing:
two rides sounds a good idea, as long as it stays away from the above :biggrin:

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Hi.. Ive been reading the CC Ecosse rides for a while now and since there is a chance I might make this one I just thought I would post up !

Ive cycled most of the roads in that Falkirk loop and am just wondering if its a clockwise or anticlockwise route ! From the Station up to Shieldhill is fairly steep in places ! Its a quiet road though so there is room to weave from side to side. Not that I would of course :whistle:
As I said I hope to make it out this time whatever route / date is chosen.

:welcome: Welcome to Cyclechat Andy!
The idea was to end up at the Wheel for the cake stop, leaving only a short ride back to the train station. So that would make the ride anti-clockwise, heading south from the station :thumbsup: & up the hill. I don't remember it being that steep, but last time was over a year ago.

yes another week :angry: got to be nearly 100% strength in sholder for doc to sign me back to work , at the moment its still painfull moving to much and strength is very poor still so need to work on strength " little & often "doc said
i went to the gym a cpl times last week omly on excersise bike , will do the same again this week
hope to see u all soon

:sad: Hopefully you'll be fully fit again in good time for the Falkirk ride - still nearly 3 weeks away :smile:.
Just try not to fall off the gym bike in the mean time :laugh: ;) .

Yay, another new recruit to the CC Ecosse rides, looking forward to meeting you!

I think twice in a month (and a YACF night ride) would be pushing it a bit so I'll see you on the 23rd.
I can make it to Falkirk High Station by 10:02 if you are looking at times for the ride :smile:

10:30 or 11:00 should be fine - it depends when all those cycling/train-ing to the start point from everywhere want to get up :blush: :tired: :rolleyes: ;) .

No, just two guy's trying not to look to unfit going up Redstone Rig with a strong wind blowing in our faces :cursing:
two rides sounds a good idea, as long as it stays away from the above :biggrin:
hehe .. there is ALWAYS a headwind up the Rig ...

I can do both dates so yay for Longniddry on the 9th! :biggrin:

Yay!:bicycle: See you all at Longniddry train station on Saturday at 11 AM :bicycle:

For those taking the train to Longniddry:
dep Edinburgh Waverley 10:38 arr 10:54

Return trains every ~30 min, just after the hour and half hour.

T :wahhey:

GAVSTER

Yay!:bicycle: See you all at Longniddry train station on Saturday at 11 AM :bicycle:

For those taking the train to Longniddry:
dep Edinburgh Waverley 10:38 arr 10:54

Return trains every ~30 min, just after the hour and half hour.

T :wahhey:

Just thought of a problem - train to LNiddry only takes a certain number of bikes - don't know how many that is to be honest. Might be wise to get a roll call and find out how many so that we don't end up with some folk on the train and others having to wheel it down thru Musselburgh :-)

UPDATE - ACCORDING TO WHAT I'VE JUST FOUND THERE ARE EIGHT SPACES ON THIS LINE. I DON"T KNOW IF THAT INCLUDES WEEKENDS

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Just thought of a problem - train to LNiddry only takes a certain number of bikes - don't know how many that is to be honest. Might be wise to get a roll call and find out how many so that we don't end up with some folk on the train and others having to wheel it down thru Musselburgh :-)

UPDATE - ACCORDING TO WHAT I'VE JUST FOUND THERE ARE EIGHT SPACES ON THIS LINE. I DON"T KNOW IF THAT INCLUDES WEEKENDS

Yes, there are 8 spaces on these trains, and I suspect some will turn up by bike (gentle warm-up :whistle: ) and others might come by car ... I don't think we need to worry.

Roll call (from doodle poll):

Telemark (by train)

Gavster

Jimbhoy

kfinlay

Honestman

T

edindave

Über Member
I'll be cycling there... probably to arrive a bit before 10:30 so I can grab a big fat scone with jam and cream from The Filling Station to fuel me up while I rest and wait for the train. Heh heh! ;P

Andy Richards

Cheers Telemark.

" I dont remember it being that steep"....... EEK ! I wont be at the front then!

I will more than likely wait till the 23rd for the Falkirk ride as my wifes birthday is this weekend and need( have learnt the hard way ) to have any cycling out the way as early as possible.

Have fun out east !

Andy

primalgeek

My wife might let me out to play on the 23rd :thumbsup:! (as long as I don't have to work any weekends between now and then).

Falkirk would probably involve me cycling from home to there and back, so it'd probably add upto my longest day in the saddle yet (not that I'm making any excuses in advance for being so slow :whistle:). Otherwise it would be a connecting train at Edinburgh.

Anyone any suggestions on route from Mid Calder/Livingston to Falkirk?

I'm currently thinking MC -> East Calder -> Almondell Country Park -> Broxburn/Uphall -> Threemiletown -> Falkirk but don't know how far that is or do-ability (I could also be making up that route entirely)! I could probably also go along the union canal towpath(?), but that'd involve me cycling the Start --> Falkirk Wheel section 3 times in 1 day.

Hope I can make it along to my first CC Ecosse ride!

GAVSTER

What's the route for Saturday then?

If it's not too long I might just ride over from Fife beforehand.

MrRidley

Yes, there are 8 spaces on these trains, and I suspect some will turn up by bike (gentle warm-up :whistle: ) and others might come by car ... I don't think we need to worry.

Roll call (from doodle poll):

Telemark (by train)

Gavster

Jimbhoy

kfinlay

Honestman

T

Doubtful.

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
My wife might let me out to play on the 23rd :thumbsup:! (as long as I don't have to work any weekends between now and then).

Falkirk would probably involve me cycling from home to there and back, so it'd probably add upto my longest day in the saddle yet (not that I'm making any excuses in advance for being so slow :whistle:). Otherwise it would be a connecting train at Edinburgh.

Anyone any suggestions on route from Mid Calder/Livingston to Falkirk?

I'm currently thinking MC -> East Calder -> Almondell Country Park -> Broxburn/Uphall -> Threemiletown -> Falkirk but don't know how far that is or do-ability (I could also be making up that route entirely)! I could probably also go along the union canal towpath(?), but that'd involve me cycling the Start --> Falkirk Wheel section 3 times in 1 day.

Hope I can make it along to my first CC Ecosse ride!

:hello: Welcome primalgeek! Lots of new people this time , great!
hmmm - not sure about the best route, depends how much you like hills! I am sure some of the locals will be along shortly with expert advice :thumbsup: .

If you are worried about this being your longest day yet, you could always cycle to Linlithgow and take the train to Falkirk, and then decide after the CC Ecosse ride whether you want to cycle all the way home or catch the train again. A cheap day return is only a few pennies more expensive than a single ticket.

What's the route for Saturday then?

If it's not too long I might just ride over from Fife beforehand.

Something like this - many variations possible, depending on the weather & what we fancy. Longniddry - Gifford cafe - Longniddry are the only fixed points along the route.

Doubtful.

What's up Jim? Hope all is well in Weegieland!

T

Top Bottom