CC Ecosse ride out : 23 July - Dunblane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edindave

Über Member
I hit 33.8 :thumbsup:

Did you do the ERC club ride on Sunday? it was great weather too :sun: :sun:

I did yeah, and I found it quite hard going. I was the lanterne rouge for the day, ave zone 3.9 according to the HRM!
It was quite a tough route, a few 15% climbs on it. My legs were melted by end. Really enjoyed it :biggrin:

I did yeah, and I found it quite hard going. I was the lanterne rouge for the day, ave zone 3.9 according to the HRM!
It was quite a tough route, a few 15% climbs on it. My legs were melted by end. Really enjoyed it :biggrin:

The climb just to get to the start (especially coming from North Edinburgh) is a biatch. I went out on the DCC ride that was good apart from some idiot falling off their bike @ 20 miles and bruising their ribs and bursting open their elbow; oh that was me :blush:

edindave

Über Member
The climb just to get to the start (especially coming from North Edinburgh) is a biatch. I went out on the DCC ride that was good apart from some idiot falling off their bike @ 20 miles and bruising their ribs and bursting open their elbow; oh that was me :blush:

Aye I forgot about the 500ft gain from Leith to Gilmerton!

That looks like a nice route that I'll have to pinch at some point ;)
I hope you're ribs and elbow mend quick. Glad you didn't come off worse.

One of the guys on our run took a tumble on a steep bend and had a very lucky landing - not a scratch. He used to TT a lot at talked about 57mph descents - he was flying on the downhills.

It was a great weekend - over 100 miles in unbroken sunshine. That's practically unheard of in this country!
biggrin.gif

Aye I forgot about the 500ft gain from Leith to Gilmerton!

That looks like a nice route that I'll have to pinch at some point ;)
I hope you're ribs and elbow mend quick. Glad you didn't come off worse.

One of the guys on our run took a tumble on a steep bend and had a very lucky landing - not a scratch. He used to TT a lot at talked about 57mph descents - he was flying on the downhills.

It was a great weekend - over 100 miles in unbroken sunshine. That's practically unheard of in this country!
biggrin.gif

Sounds like he was very lucky indeed. I was at the front of the pack and had not long crested a climb, so it was only about 20mph another rider came through the middle to give me a break, and clipped my wheel. If it was going to happen though that was about the best place the verge was reasonably soft and took a lot of the impact.
I've been sorely tempted to get out for more miles as the weather is still beautiful but something tells me I shouldn't ;)

I was out on a ride tonight and managed to get a new personal speed record....44.49mph

Just need to find a descent that will allow me to hit the magic 50mph! :biggrin:

Get to Arran and the String Road; I'm a terrible descender and I hit 47.6mph there, I'm sure other folk could do 60mph (I think Arranandy on here has). My fastest this year has been 44.3mph down the Hill of Beath to Kelty Road but I don't think its long enough to break 45mph.

JiMBR

Get to Arran and the String Road; I'm a terrible descender and I hit 47.6mph there, I'm sure other folk could do 60mph (I think Arranandy on here has). My fastest this year has been 44.3mph down the Hill of Beath to Kelty Road but I don't think its long enough to break 45mph.

Sounds like fun.

What's the road surface, visibility etc like on that road?

Top Bottom