CC Ecosse ride out : 23 July - Dunblane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We are meeting at Tesco's at 10:45am, which is near the train station i think.

It appears its just round the back :-)

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Sorry but I won't make this one as my Dad's visiting me today. Will only get out for about an hour or so. Also spending way too much time trawling the net for good groupset/parts deals as I've got my new frame! :biggrin:

Hardrock93

Guru
Yes, it was good to put some faces to web names. Nice to meet you all, even though I didn’t make it to the end of the ride. A combination of tiring legs, a heavy old mountain bike amongst pedigree road machines and, not least, the lure of a cold beer in Thornhill at the Lion & Unicorn, conspired to divert me from completing the circuit. I have to say that that particular pint of amber nectar was one of the best I’ve ever tasted!

A really nice ride in glorious weather. Thanks all.

JiMBR

Cheers for the run today folks...most enjoyable!

Sorry I missed you on the way back to Kippen...I ended up cycling home to Glasgow and I'm now officially knackered. :biggrin:

Good to see that you caught up with Jim and he got back to Dunblane OK.

See you all next time.

edindave

Über Member
I should have remembered the suncream. Nice shade of red here.
rolleyes.gif

Lovely route, thanks HLaB.

Look forward to the next one. :smile:

jim55

Guru
i obv made it n

home safe and sound ,,nice to meet all involved ,,thanks to jimbr who guided me back and then got seperated from the group himself ,,ooops :whistle: ,,i was absolutely buckled ..my legs just gave up,,it was prob a combo of the heat and me not being up to the task ,i had to get off and walk on a few of the climbs but i made it in the end :thumbsup:

i took only a few pics but at least this proves i was there

at some sort of war memorial in kippen

011.jpg

and i thought this was quite typical of the kinda countryside we were in (it was a wee bit up the climb into kippen)

010-2.jpg

all in all a good day out ,,crackin weather and good company ,,but ,,my legs ,,jeeze :rolleyes:

ps ,,anybody got any data from the ride

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
it was prob a combo of the heat and me not being up to the task ,i had to get off and walk on a few of the climbs but i made it in the end :thumbsup:

Think it may have been your gear ratios as well Jim :whistle: ....looked like something Cav would have used today!....get yoursel a compact and you'll be fine!:hello:

What size of cassette have you got on the back Jim my 53/39 has got up every hill I've tried so far but I've got a 12-25 on the back. I've think you've got a 11-23, I'd definitely change that for something bigger, say an 12-27 (the Fifer in me would wait till the existing cassette wears out ;) ).

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Sorry I was late :blush: I did say I have a lousy sense of direction :wacko:

Great to see everyone, what a great ride out it was.

Looking forward to the next one.

Jim I have your £ 3 change ;)

:hello:

Top Bottom