CC Ecosse ride out : 23 July - Dunblane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
what route are we doing for this peeps ,,hopefully at some point we will pass a train station that has a line going back to wherever we started,,cos my plan is to drive to the starting point (with the bike on the rack),,cycle for a bit (20 ml or so,maybe a bit more ) and then id have to get back to the starting point to get my car ,,its only if i cant manage a longer route (i dont want to bail ,but im being realistic ,,out in the country absolutely gubbed 30 ml from my car is not an option)

anyway .,,,,,where we going :thumbsup:

what route are we doing for this peeps ,,hopefully at some point we will pass a train station that has a line going back to wherever we started,,cos my plan is to drive to the starting point (with the bike on the rack),,cycle for a bit (20 ml or so,maybe a bit more ) and then id have to get back to the starting point to get my car ,,its only if i cant manage a longer route (i dont want to bail ,but im being realistic ,,out in the country absolutely gubbed 30 ml from my car is not an option)

anyway .,,,,,where we going :thumbsup:

The route will be a few posts back but basically we are doing a 35mile loop from Dunblane via the cafe at Kippen but we go through Thornhill which is a bail out point if need be and it chops about 10 miles off the route.

Edit: We are doing this route.

jim55

Guru
right thats no prob,,id imagine there will b a rain station at thornhill if i need to bail ,,i can leave the car in dunblane and pick it up after the cycle

cheers :thumbsup:

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Is there an agreement on the location to meet up? I would suggest the supermarket (Tesco as I recall) car park on the western side of the train station.

I might abandon you after the stop in Kippen and return directly to Glasgow - depending on leg strength and weather conditions...

Is there an agreement on the location to meet up? I would suggest the supermarket (Tesco as I recall) car park on the western side of the train station.

I might abandon you after the stop in Kippen and return directly to Glasgow - depending on leg strength and weather conditions...
I'm not sure if an exact location has been nominated but the Tesco Car Park at the back of the station sounds good :becool:

aberal

Guru
Sorry guys, I now can't make it. I think this is now the 2nd or 3rd time I said I would come along and couldn't for one reason or another. Will keep an eye out for the next one though.

p.s. looks a nice route as well. Reckon I will have a go at this one some other time.

Hi guys, is this ride still on? I might be up for it.

jim55

Guru
do we have a firm meeting venue for this ??iv never even been to dunblane and if a venue is agreed can somebody post a postcode as il b sat nav in the car (btw any glaswegians want a run up with me ,,iv got a rack on the car :thumbsup:

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
do we have a firm meeting venue for this ??iv never even been to dunblane and if a venue is agreed can somebody post a postcode as il b sat nav in the car (btw any glaswegians want a run up with me ,,iv got a rack on the car :thumbsup:

If it's the Tesco's carpark then the postcode is FK15 9AE.

JiMBR

I might take you up on this Jim, but won't know if I'm going until Friday.

Top Bottom