CC Ecosse ride out : 23 July - Dunblane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Howzabout http://classic.mapmy...130926538627018

With a cafe stop at Comrie (Sam says there's a nice wee place there) and possibly one at Corrieri's in Stirling if anyone is so inclined?

<cold water alert>

Hmmm ....

I think 48miles is too far for a CC Ecosse Forum ride.

If we are seeking to encourage new riders, we need to keep the route to 35 miles/50km IMHO. For many that is a real challenge
unsure.gif
. We all had our time when 50km
bicycle.gif
was a lo-o-o-ng way, if can you remember that far back
whistling.gif
For some, it still is a lo-o-ong way.

Yes, I do have a alternate route, from Dunblane but haven't got round to getting it on a map as yet. Will do so soonest but it's roughly Dunblane, Kinbuck, Braco, Seathaugh, Blackford, Dunblane. 48km-ish.

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Schoosh ( ie) ;) sensible as always, yes my first CC ride out was 22 miles in Falkirk and by god i knwo i had done it :blush:

I dont mind what we do, will just be good to meet up with old and new friends on here :hello:

jim55

Guru
!!!!

ffs 48 mls
the most iv done so far is about 18,,im a total newbie so dont really relish the thought of that kinda distance right away

im not in the worst shape but id think id give up the ghost and if theres a few new faces id not b the only one i bet,,obv i want to push myself a wee bit and do this kinda stuff through time but not yet :blush:

I was just having a wee play around with routes tonight. Locals will know better than me but we could do a loop out west to Thornhill, if it doesn't have a cafe we could loop to Kippen, iirc there's one on the Kippen main street and then loop back to Dunblane with the wind behind us. It looks a fairly level 34.5 mile ride (25miles and flatter still, if we don't need to go to Kippen).

sleekitcollie

ok i know its not dunblane , but mabey for another day , how about around the forth via the 2 bridges , i reg do this route its 40 miles aprox, round and mostly flat , ( only a cpl of hills and nothing really big but enough to get the legs working ) mostly quiet roads with only a cpl small sections in main roads and if we start at forth brig (inverkeithing or s. queensferry ) and go clockwise there is a very nice (but small ) cafe in culross . others as well but ive not used them
the only bit thats not very nice is the section through grangemouth but once passed that its pretty good and there are a cpl extentions in this area to avoid it if we like but it involves a cpl more hills , but that can be sorted on the day dependant on who is there etc

just a thought

ROUTE

Hardrock93

Guru
!!!!

ffs 48 mls
the most iv done so far is about 18,,im a total newbie so dont really relish the thought of that kinda distance right away

im not in the worst shape but id think id give up the ghost and if theres a few new faces id not b the only one i bet,,obv i want to push myself a wee bit and do this kinda stuff through time but not yet :blush:

I agree with jim and would like to think it would be a fairly easy route. It would be nice to meet up with folks from the forum but I guess there will be a wide range of capabilities and it'll be difficult to please everybody. I'd like to come along, and I'm ok with 30 to 40 easy miles (eg Round the Forth), but I guess I'm ruled out on the grounds of not having a road bike, just an MTB. :sad:

I agree with jim and would like to think it would be a fairly easy route. It would be nice to meet up with folks from the forum but I guess there will be a wide range of capabilities and it'll be difficult to please everybody. I'd like to come along, and I'm ok with 30 to 40 easy miles (eg Round the Forth), but I guess I'm ruled out on the grounds of not having a road bike, just an MTB. :sad:
Of course you are not ruled out, we've had plenty of folk do rides on mtb's :-)

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I'm ok with HlaB's route up to Kippen - you're right Adrian, there's a nice cafe in Kippen, plus the roads mapped are pretty quiet. I might even come on my MTB!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
!!!!

ffs 48 mls

Exactly my sentiments
thumbsup.png

I was just having a wee play around with routes tonight. Locals will know better than me but we could do a loop out west to Thornhill, if it doesn't have a cafe we could loop to Kippen, iirc there's one on the Kippen main street and then loop back to Dunblane with the wind behind us. It looks a fairly level 34.5 mile ride (25miles and flatter still, if we don't need to go to Kippen).

Looks good HLaB - and with a 'bail out pint' (point !
icon_redface.gif
) at Thornhill for those who are struggling
rolleyes.gif

My first 100km ride was a CC ride. :rolleyes:

Aye, maybe but your first CC ride wasn't 100km !
wink.gif

As HLaB has said - you are more than welcome
hug.gif
. Many CC Ecosse riders did their first rides on an MTB - some still do :bicycle:. No one gets left behind on a CC Ecosse Forum ride.

Here's my option - a mere 38km (= more time in tearoom/pub
cool.gif
)

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
ok i know its not dunblane , but mabey for another day , how about around the forth via the 2 bridges , i reg do this route its 40 miles aprox, round and mostly flat , ( only a cpl of hills and nothing really big but enough to get the legs working ) mostly quiet roads with only a cpl small sections in main roads and if we start at forth brig (inverkeithing or s. queensferry ) and go clockwise there is a very nice (but small ) cafe in culross . others as well but ive not used them
the only bit thats not very nice is the section through grangemouth but once passed that its pretty good and there are a cpl extentions in this area to avoid it if we like but it involves a cpl more hills , but that can be sorted on the day dependant on who is there etc

just a thought

ROUTE

I'm going to be sorting out something like this fairly soon anyway.

Sam

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I can see myself possibly coming along for this one. Too far away in time to say for sure, though.

Not too bothered with the choice of route, but HLaBs Kippen loop looks pretty good to me.

Top Bottom